Jon boat cover?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmerck

Reaction score
Now that I`ve purchase a trailer for my 14' Lowe bench seat jon boat I wouldlike to buy a decent cover for it. My intention is to leave the boat trailered with a cover on it.

I had a couple of questions..

1, Is there a good cover out there that won`t break the bank but okay to leave outside in the weather?

2. I had planned on leaving the seats that I install on the bench seating and just allow them to recline forward when not in use. Will most/any cover allow me to cover the boat with the seats still on or should I prepare to have to remove the seats before placing the cover over the boat?

Thanks!

I made my own cover cost about $100 for sunbrella-clone fabric.

Here is a how -to in case your interested. DYI cover

I used an old singer sewing machine.

For a frame I used PVC pipe, 1-1/2 inch. I heated it up some with a heat gun & formed the pcs into a curve. I put a 4 way T at the top of each & have straight pcs to make a backbone. I used tees at bottom of each rib with slot to fit over rubrail.

Good luck

I have a good quality tarp that I ratchet strap over my boat. I built a removable structure that I put in it prior to the cover being installed. Works great but the tarp is really heavy, it's not one of the cheap blue ones that last about 1 season.

Walmart sells boat covers reasonably priced. Go online and order to get the one you want. I've had one on my boat for the last 2 years.