Looking for fuel/oil mix ratio options

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you call Yamaha keep this in mind.
You are calling customer service personnel. Customer service is as much marketing driven as it is technically driven. The company mantra will no doubt be to tell you 100:1.
When I worked for OMC both in Field service and engineering, engineering was always battling marketing. Along with "features", marketing always wanted less oil and zero break-in time thinking it may sell more engines. Engineering always fought against this.
So......take the advice you get with a grain of salt
Thank you Pappy. Your advice is always appreciated.
I’m about to start a new post about some fuel samples I took today. Would you look at it and chime in sir? I was going to talk about it here im going to be pretty detailed about what all I found.

When you call Yamaha keep this in mind.
You are calling customer service personnel. Customer service is as much marketing driven as it is technically driven. The company mantra will no doubt be to tell you 100:1.
When I worked for OMC both in Field service and engineering, engineering was always battling marketing. Along with "features", marketing always wanted less oil and zero break-in time thinking it may sell more engines. Engineering always fought against this.
So......take the advice you get with a grain of salt
Sorry for the double post my device has been having trouble on the forum and sometimes it blink and all is lost.
Thanks Pappy I always appreciate you chiming in. I’m planning on doing the best I can to talk to an actual technician. I understand what you’re saying and appreciate the heads up.
Im about to start another post about what I found today. I was going to put it on this one but it’s pretty detailed. I did some inspecting and taking fuel samples.

Last edited: