Merry Christmas to me!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should make a law stating only people over x years has the right to own a gun like this. From what I see, it is pretty dang powerful

before long its going to be illegal to walk fast. no more laws please. instead teach your kids gun safety from the time they can walk and keep your guns locked up.

you have to be 16 to buy an airgun, bb's, ect up here

i like this quote "from the time dale jr was a boy i told him hunting was alot like racing. weather its the steering wheel or a rifle in your hand, you'd better be responsable "

lookin forward to some huntin pics silvers!

Good Lord.

I never thought that I would see anti's and gun control zealots on an outdoor forum.

I had my first bb gun when I was 5 and was toting a shotgun by the time I was 7. I killed my first deer with a high powered rifle at age 10 and freely excercise my second ammendment rights whenever I see fit. Judging by the logic of some, it's amazing that I haven't killed an entire family by now.

That's all that I will say about that lest Jim has to kick me off of the forum.

I think I was 5 when I got my first bb gun... a replica pump M16. And I can still remember the first bird I shot with it (I still say I didn't mean to only because I was afraid I would get in trouble)... but I knew from that day on to never shoot a Bluebird or I'd get a Black Butt!

I'm a lot like quacker... I got my first shotgun (20ga) when I was 7, but I could never go out alone with it, nor was I ever able to hunt in a stand alone until I was 13 or 14..

I think a lot of gun use comes along with where you live - and what your hierarchy teaches you as far as control and common sense... and common sense being the stronger concept of the two.

But I think we're all friends here, and lord knows we've all agreed to disagree at one point in time. Everybody has their own opinions - and I have my stubborness - but, it all works out in the end. But I do think that if they ever restrict our 2nd amendment rights anymore, their will be an uprising of some sort... and I pitty the fool who tries to come in my home and take my guns.

People can have all the "change" they want, but I prefer to keep mine - thanks. (And NOBODY take this statement directed toward them.. it's just a general statement.. I'm Russ Edwards and I approve that statement!)

Sorry Guys! I didn't want to start an arguement. I like hunting, I like fishing, & I beleive we all have the right to be armed. Whether we choose to exercise it or not, that is a personal decision. If the founding fathers had not had firearms, they would not have been able to fight for their freedoms. With our national guard deployed overseas, we are more exposed today than ever before. The local national guard unit in my town does not have anyone left to even turn on/off the lights anymore. :shock:

I have a police scanner and heard a call about a home invasion when I lived in Milwaukee. The first officer to respond took 5 minutes before he called dispatch to confirm the address. Then another 5-7 mintues went by before he called back and said nothing was going on. Turns out he had the wrong apartment building! 2 minutes later they sent the call out for an ambulance. Personally, if I have a chance, I want to be prepared to defend my family for about 3 minutes (estimated time for police to arrive from the first 911 call) I truly hope and pray that I will never be in that situation, but I'd rather be prepared for it an not have it happen than the alternative.

My kids have been taught to not touch guns. I give them tests by handing them a rifle and telling them to put it away. They are not to even touch it! Yeah, I'm a mean Dad. But I take them hunting with me and we fire bows, airguns, and a 22 during the day The older ones have learned just about all the safety rules. They are much better than I was at that age. I showed them just the damage a gun could do (38 hollowpoint into a sealed soda can - makes a BIG mess) and I think the message got across.

I have many more opinions, but maybe we should start an "Arguements" section of tinboats, where we can say what you want and are not allowed to be offended by what anyone else says :lol:

Please don't take offense. I was just sharing a new toy. I agree that no 12 year old should own this gun or use it without immediate adult supervision. But I beleive that with most guns exept maybe the Red Ryder. :eek:

don't sweat it man - you didn't cause any arguements... everybody has their own opinion, and lord willing, will be able to keep voicing their opinion... that's half of what makes the world go round!

I started shooting a BB gun from when I was 5 years old. I shot all kinds of stuff and I used that gun until it wouldn't pump anymore :lol: Then there was the air pistol....we had lots of guns in my house when I was young....12ga, 20ga, 410, 22....the list goes on and on. My dad was always by my side shooting with me. 8)

As of now I don't own a gun or have any in my home....and I really don't hunt so I really don't need a gun. I would like one for personal protection though.....Maybe a nice 12ga Pump Shotgun! :shock:

ACarbone624 said:
I would like one for personal protection though.....Maybe a nice 12ga Pump Shotgun! :shock:

make it a sawed-off 12ga pump with a pistol grip!

I've actually got one of those and holy crap does that thing kick

YEAH BABY! :LOL2:

sawedoff.jpg

I hope as Doc originally stated we can agree to disagree on these boards. I have seen many a touchy subject turn into flames real fast. Let us all take a deep breath and remember we are all friends here, so no need to get ugly.

I am of the persuasion that we should be able to own and keep firearms for whatever legal, ethical, and moral reason we would like. Hunting, self-defence, recreational shooting etc...

Oh and by the way, NICE TOY!!

I didn't saw mine off to those extremes... but it's right around 14"... so yea, I guess in a way I did. I think most of those you pictured are at around 12"

And I can still remember the first bird I shot with it (I still say I didn't mean to only because I was afraid I would get in trouble)... but I knew from that day on to never shoot a Bluebird or I'd get a Black Butt!

lol man that brings back memories. my parents didnt think shootings birds off the bird feeder was as good idear as i thaught it was. them butt woopins hurt :shock: :LOL2:

russ010 said:
I didn't saw mine off to those extremes... but it's right around 14"... so yea, I guess in a way I did. I think most of those you pictured are at around 12"

You meant that you sawed it off to right about 18", right? :wink:

Quackrstackr said:
You meant that you sawed it off to right about 18", right? :wink:

Im certain that's what was said! I actually heard it was 18 & 1/4 inches - just to be safe. :mrgreen:

FishinsMyLife said:
How quiet is that gun (air rifle)? I'd love to bust a tree rat in my neighborhood with it :lol:

This one is pretty darn loud - the first time I shot it over the chrony, I was too close and it read the speed at 3300 fps! Imagine that in the outdoors - like a loud rifle.

There are some airguns that claim to be 'mouse-fart' quiet, but I don't own one. The Gamo Whisper ($200+) is supposed to be quiet, but I can only see them taking the 'bang' out - which may be enough. I have a carbon fiber muzzle brake for the 22 airgun It reduces noise a little, but hurts accuracy.

Now if you really want a nice airgun, get a 'tuned' model from this website. I wouldn't settle for anything less than one with pictures of a shot grouping of 5 shots at 40-50 yards that can be completely covered by a nickle. You can find a really good one for <$200 and some have ldc's (think silencer) attached. https://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/

Most towns allow BB/airguns to be used in the city... but I don't think this big guy falls under the spirit of that law :roll:

DocWatson said:
Waterwings said:
We have two scuba tanks that we use to fill the .177 competition air rifle cylinders we use at school. We get the tanks filled at the fire dept. at no charge.

Be careful no one goes SCUBA diving with those tanks !!! :shock: Bad Air !!!

No scuba diving with them. Purchased strictly to fill air rifle cylinders.