Watch Out for those Little F'ers!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have my sympathy. Lyme almost killed me twelve years ago but, with the right doctor and a lot of meds I’ve been in remission for almost a decade. To this day I take homeopathic anti-microbial medicines twice per day.

I wasn’t diagnosed until four years after the initial infection and by then I was really sick. Three months of oral antibiotics didn’t cut it and finally went on IV’s twice per day for several months. It left me with a balance disorder and advanced degenerative arthritis.

I’m still here and still fishing, just can’t do some of the things I used to do.

Edit; I just wanted to add that I picked up Lyme on the west coast. This is not just an eastern thing anymore.

FYI, a friend picked it up about the same time but, didn’t treat it serious enough and now she has severe dementia in her late fifties.
Sorry to hear that the F'ers got you too.

I know a good number of people that are dealing with long term Lyme. Allot of different symptoms and problems. It seems like years ago, if you didn't have the "ring rash" they didn't prescribe the anti-biotics. I had a co-worker that had to convince the Drs back then, that he did indeed have Lyme. Had to go thru a spinal tap, at his expense, to prove it! :(

Looks like that is something worth while to have in the med cabinet.

The "magic pills" (Paxlovid) I have had with both bouts of Covid. I felt the difference within 24 hours of the first dose. My wife only got it with this last bout. She couldn't believe the difference too. While we don't have a "luxury" med plan, there was no out of pocket for it. The biggest issue I had this last bout, was getting a positive covid test to get the med. I could tell I was coming down with it for three days before getting a positive result.

Just my experience.
Just so you know. The weird yellow stuff from Walgreens works in 15 mins and I swear you'll feel much better AND get a great nights sleep. Just about the best medicine I've ever taken. Of course your mileage may vary. Definitely worth a try though when you feel awful and just can't sleep. Actually it's so strong, I started taking half doses. Only bad.....or maybe good thing is it made me have crazy vivid dreams. Could have been the covid though. One had me in bed with a lovely actress, so I can't say that the dreams were a bad thing. I didn't have any nightmares, just weird dreams.

Just so you know. The weird yellow stuff from Walgreens works in 15 mins and I swear you'll feel much better AND get a great nights sleep. Just about the best medicine I've ever taken. Of course your mileage may vary. Definitely worth a try though when you feel awful and just can't sleep. Actually it's so strong, I started taking half doses. Only bad.....or maybe good thing is it made me have crazy vivid dreams. Could have been the covid though. One had me in bed with a lovely actress, so I can't say that the dreams were a bad thing. I didn't have any nightmares, just weird dreams.

Maybe I'll have to try it even if I'm not sick! :D

My problem about dreaming that I’m with a beautiful woman is that I remember my body isn’t what it used to be. Then I’m embarrassed.

It’s kind of like those dreams where you get up and go work only to realize that you forgot to put clothes on that day.

Sorry to hear that the F'ers got you too.

I know a good number of people that are dealing with long term Lyme. Allot of different symptoms and problems. It seems like years ago, if you didn't have the "ring rash" they didn't prescribe the anti-biotics. I had a co-worker that had to convince the Drs back then, that he did indeed have Lyme. Had to go thru a spinal tap, at his expense, to prove it! :(
I spent at least $50k out of pocket. Got tired of hearing that the insurance wouldn’t cover it.

I know a few people that have had Lyme and it’s never good.
My friend wants me to go brook fishing and years ago I would have gone np.
Now, I stick to being on my boat. Puts the odds more in my favor but dam, getting to the point you need
Hazmat suit to be safe outdoors. I wish everyone good luck in their tic journeys.

I pulled a couple of ticks out of me last summer. I think I got the first one in less than 12 hours since it wasn't attached that well and the other was less than 24 hours. As far as I know, I didn't end up getting anything, no rash or any side affects. I've has skin moles and small blood blisters my whole life so seeing a tick on me is not the easiest thing. The river bank where I keep my boat has a lot of trees and they drop from there, but I've been picking most of them up from my back yard which has no trees, they're everywhere. I see them walking on me or my clothing, my dog, and the best is when you feel something in bed moving in the middle of the night! :oops: My dad got ehrlichiosis years ago from a tick bite. It's similar to Lymes disease so if you do get a tick and don't feel well, get tested for that as well.