Yeti Knockoffs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JMichael said:
lckstckn2smknbrls said:
I bought replacement latch, drain and hinges for my Igloo Marine cooler at Menards.
We typically take a short piece of 2" wide nylon tie down strap, cut off about 2.5" and melt each end to stop the fraying. Then we use the same screws that hold the hinges to the cooler to attach the nylon in place of the hinge. They work great and you'll never have to replace another hinge or worry about them breaking again.

Great tip. I wish I knew of this a few days ago. I actually just bought some replacement hinges and put them on the cooler this weekend. However, after installing them, they looked pretty cheap and flimsy and will probably snap in a very short time. When the new hinges do snap I'm going to be adding these DIY hinges.

I bought a Canyon 22 this year after the top on my Coleman blew off going down the road. Showed up to opening day of Dove season in 95 degree sun with no top on my cooler....pissed. Decided to get something a little more rugged. I couldn't go full Yeti...so went with the Canyon which was $100 cheaper and has an awesome Claw gun sling instead of a handle. No buyer's remorse.

The10Man said:
Great tip. I wish I knew of this a few days ago. I actually just bought some replacement hinges and put them on the cooler this weekend. However, after installing them, they looked pretty cheap and flimsy and will probably snap in a very short time. When the new hinges do snap I'm going to be adding these DIY hinges.

I bought this cooler about 6-7 years ago. Hinges broke the first year, so I replaced them. I only use this cooler to keep my fish in but during the spring/early summer bream spawn, it gets opened and closed anywhere from 15-100 times a day (depending on how good the fishing is that day), and it's still holding up. It's spent so much time in the sun that the once yellow nylon webbing is now bleached out and the outer plastic shell of the cooler has gotten brittle and breaking away. LoL

DSC00929.JPG
DSC00928.JPG

JMichael said:
The10Man said:

I bought this cooler about 6-7 years ago. Hinges broke the first year, so I replaced them. I only use this cooler to keep my fish in but during the spring/early summer bream spawn, it gets opened and closed anywhere from 15-100 times a day (depending on how good the fishing is that day), and it's still holding up. It's spent so much time in the sun that the once yellow nylon webbing is now bleached out and the outer plastic shell of the cooler has gotten brittle and breaking away. LoL

View attachment 1

I used to have that same cooler. It was actually the same color as well. It was great and I used it a ton. I also had a little inflatable boat/raft that I would blow up and the cooler would fit in perfectly and was snug enough to where it wouldn't fall out. I would then get in an inner tube and tie the raft to myself or the tube and float down the river or down the beach with a cooler full of beers. When at the beach on vacation several years ago someone must have seen all the fun I was having floating in the water and then stole it one night off my patio.

That was a great cooler! I wish I still had it. That cooler was involved in a lot of good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw one of these yesterday. I was like "nice a small affordable cooler i can actually afford" YEA RIGHT!!! This little thing is more expensive then the 20qt rhodie!! Wtf!!!!!!

Look at the price tag on the side of it!!IMG_4588.JPG

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom

jethro said:
Small, soft coolers for $279. Un-freaking-believable.

I agree. I can think of very few instances where I would need to keep ice and the contents of a cooler cold for more than a day or so.

Of those few instances, I would have to have a much larger cooler as I'd be needing to keep more than just a 6 pack cold.

What purpose does this tiny $279 Yeti cooler serve?

jethro said:

Hey, we pay for things I never thought I'd see.......water, air(convenience store, compressed cans), ice......I'll bet that my dad is spinning in his grave over how spend-happy we've become.

I've been using Coleman and Igloo for years and find either of them a great cooler. I place all my goods inside with ice, blocks, then cover everything with a layer of alum foil then several layers of newspaper then cover the cooler with a harbor freight moving blanket. Lasts many, many summer days and one heck of a lot cheaper than the over priced Yeti.

New River Rat said:
jethro said:

Hey, we pay for things I never thought I'd see.......water, air(convenience store, compressed cans), ice......I'll bet that my dad is spinning in his grave over how spend-happy we've become.
I said all bets are off the first time I saw them selling horseshit in a bag.

JMichael said:
New River Rat said:
jethro said:

I said all bets are off the first time I saw them selling horseshit in a bag.

Here we go! :LOL2:

https://en.shitexpress.com/

I apologize for getting away (just a little) from the rated PG standard we have here, but sometimes we all make mistakes. This one I could not pass up. My apologies. :LOL2:

Here we go! :LOL2:

https://en.shitexpress.com/

I apologize for getting away (just a little) from the rated PG standard we have here, but sometimes we all make mistakes. This one I could not pass up. My apologies. :LOL2:[/quote]

I actually wanted to order a poo package for my ex wife. but decided any amount of money spent on it would be a waste. LOL!

I have a riding stable close by that give horseshit away free and it's close to the post office. lol

Some people want to spend a lot on a Rolex, while others (like me) are happy with a Seiko. I'm sure one of these is superior to my $14 Igloo and can see where someone might need a cooler in conditions that could justify one of these. For the rest of us, I kind of think they will become a status brand, if they haven't already. Each to their own.

Latest posts