1987 Pro 16 bass tracker rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one question. Since this boat was bought to restore and sell. Did you come out ahead? I’m only asking because I see small Aluminium boats for sale for cheap around here where I am at and thinking about restoring them and flipping them, but not sure if it’s feasible.

Slimcowboy1978 said:
I have one question. Since this boat was bought to restore and sell. Did you come out ahead? I’m only asking because I see small Aluminium boats for sale for cheap around here where I am at and thinking about restoring them and flipping them, but not sure if it’s feasible.

I wouldn’t say I come out ahead money wise but enjoyment wise I do. I keep track of what I spend and sell them for that or a little more not much. I just enjoy the building process. I also save money being home working on boats rather than out spending it.

Coming out a head is a relative term. I can see the enjoyment aspect of it as that’s primarily why I want to do this. The money isn’t the reason at all. But making enough off of one boat to fund buying and starting my second boat is important. My wife says I can do this as long as I average a break even per boat, and don’t have to dip into savings for the next one.

Hi I am really enjoying your build.. I am fixing in early spring to start rebuild of a 89 Alumacraft 16 ft with 40 HP Mercury and side console.. I am wondering for my decking both front and rear, where I can find that aluminium channel bar... I just have plywood laid across bench seats and are trying to bow especially rear deck.. And only have a door that let's down under front deck for storage... Hoping to raise riding seats cause are reallybtoblow with my bad back.. But will loose storage since they tilt for under storage.. Hoping can put a rod locker to one side. And in front of console up against side boat try to build a box like storage that will stay in line with console.Also would like to have a floor since last time person just carpet right over ribs in floor.. And carpet is loose even on sides... If you all could give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. Never have done this at all.. So not to go on so much like I have.. You can send any advice on my flat bottom 16 ft to fisherman0107&twc.com
Thank you all very much...