Lowe A 1457

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DacMan

Reaction score
Hey everyone picked this up today for $1,300,
It's an 11 boat and a 08 trailer. Worried about the trailer size but anyhow going to move forward. I will be putting a deck on this boat at bench seat height. I put the boat in the water today and it was astonishingly tippy. I stood on the benches to test it. However there was no motor on the boat and not weight besides me. Should I feel confident it will be less tippy with a counter weight motor and a little more weight in the bottom from tackle and batteries etc?

Thanks, Dac

Sorry guys here is the pic.

Attachments

• Lowe.jpg
    Lowe.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 3,156
I had one of those a few years back. Standing up in them isn't a good idea! I moved the fuel cell and battery(s) to the center of the boat. Mad it allot more stable and it would plane with my 9.9 and do @22mph.

That's very disconcerting because that's what I bought it for lol. I am going to have a real low deck probably below the benches. Hopefully that will work.

Picked up this Merc 2010 9.9 four stroke for $1000 bucks today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 3,062
A little clay bar and nufinish removed water spots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3,058
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 3,056
Looking at a motorguide w75. Price is really right. Obviously overkill but I have to have a wireless foot pedal for my design. Thoughts? Should I hold out for a smaller setup? It's 24v so I'll need dual batteries.

In my case the 9.9 trolled so nice that I found myself hardly ever using the Minnkota I had. But I do mostly Walleye fishing, so trolling is my main method.

I plan on predominantly bass fishing so I'm hoping his will be a stable setup all said and done

Took it out to the lake with some weight and was very pleased with the stability. Onward!

Attachments

• Lowe 1.jpg
    Lowe 1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 2,935
Picked this w75 up today. Going with a 24v setup

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 2,881
Getting excited parts keep coming in!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,850
Nice boat...you're going to enjoy that a lot. I would suggest either getting a longer tongue on the trailer and moving the boat forward, or getting longer bunks as to supporting the transom better with the motor weight on it.
I have a flat floor installed in my 16 foot semi-vee, and it is pretty stable when I stand up.

Good fishing,
Ringo

Ring thanks you read my mind because that was today's project.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 2,806
Got a little done this evening. This is way harder than I thought it would be.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,254
Okay so a few mistakes realized, not happy with the 24v trolling motor so returning it and hopefully getting a minnkota power drive. Also started using pressure treated plywood. Obviously that won't work so starting all over.

I have had a PD on two boats to include my current boat.. I like them because I can run them from anywhere in the boat. I don't think they deploy/retrieve as well as other models, but that isn't much of an issue.

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=365333#p365333 said:
Keystone » 03 Sep 2014, 21:19[/url]"]I have had a PD on two boats to include my current boat.. I like them because I can run them from anywhere in the boat. I don't think they deploy/retrieve as well as other models, but that isn't much of an issue.

That's good to know. I think it will work well.

Latest posts