1963 14' Richline Complete

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shandogg

Reaction score
Here's the pics, any questions just ask

2q9jb82.jpg

28cmszq.jpg

2w6uhco.jpg

24lslc7.jpg

vqmh5g.jpg

33jk2es.jpg

21vara.jpg

2mgnuvl.jpg

2iosgm.jpg

im6tef.jpg

34zy93n.jpg

2r3k1z4.jpg

105ekih.jpg

2nbccqd.jpg

fyzx1x.jpg

wtzxpk.jpg

2i935w0.jpg

1zg8aid.jpg

5bu2iw.jpg

2i0wz.jpg

syla1v.jpg

30xkh28.jpg

2e1wsy0.jpg

14jrnup.jpg

Nice job! Precise on cuts and layout. You must be a carpenter. Framer, finish, or both?!?

Is the wood marine grade? What did you seal it with?

Nice job on the trailer as well. I see they match your truck that is in the background. =D>

Congrats on your project! Enjoy!

Keith
Texas

Thanks man, the wood is not marine grade. I read somewhere (whether this is true or not, I don't know) that the only difference between treated and marine grade plywood is that the marine grade has no knots in it. Seeing as that I'm really cheap, I took this as fact and bought the much cheaper 3/4" treated plywood rather than marine grade.

Yep, boats been out and tested. No leaks and everything works as it should. I could probably benefit from an 18hp or so to push all that 3/4 ply around. I need to get some pics up of the bait/livewell I put in. That thing worked like a charm too.

Shandogg said:
Thanks man, the wood is not marine grade. I read somewhere (whether this is true or not, I don't know) that the only difference between treated and marine grade plywood is that the marine grade has no knots in it. Seeing as that I'm really cheap, I took this as fact and bought the much cheaper 3/4" treated plywood rather than marine grade.
Treated wood should not be used on an aluminum boat. The copper in the wood reacts badly with the aluminum. The difference between marine plywood and exterior grade plywood is no voids in the marine plywood, they both use waterproof glues.

Shandogg said:
Yep, boats been out and tested. No leaks and everything works as it should. I could probably benefit from an 18hp or so to push all that 3/4 ply around. I need to get some pics up of the bait/livewell I put in. That thing worked like a charm too.
How much lower did the back of the boat sit in the water ?

Yeah, I don't believe its good to use ''treated wood'' in an aluminum boat.

Post a pic of the live-well if ya don't care!

Thanks!

Latest posts