1642 Terry

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cphill

Reaction score
Well I have started mocking up new transom . Going back with 1 1/2 tubing instead of wood . Took it from a 21 in transom to a 15 . Not sure of the motor yet but it will be a short shaft tiller so no need for the tall transom. Not sure of lay out if the rest of the boat but probably be a open floor ....here is a before and nowuploadfromtaptalk1410997278426.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410997295273.jpg

I would have waited until I know what motor I was going to put on it before changing the transom height.
Nice work though.

I cut it 15 so the shortest will fit and if I go with a longer shaft I will build a jack plate...if I wasn't doing the welding myself yea i would have waited but I can redo and make it how I want for just the price of material

Mainly Cordell hull lake here in middle Tenn. I mainly catfish,sauger and crappie fish so thats what I am setting it up for

Been a while but thought I would show some of the thing I have done since the weather got nice . Taking it to the shop Friday to weld everything up View attachment 1 a few runners r cracked so weld them up and cap them with 1 1/2 flat bar uploadfromtaptalk1427932824496.jpg

Yea a Johnson 5.5 61 model...not fast but where I am using it will work for now

Removing the old one was the hardest part . Building the New one took just little while to lay out and weld up

Latest posts