Front deck rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC_Jones

Reaction score
This year I decided to rebuild the front decks, as part of that I raised them up as the area is primarily storage for me. The boat also needed a complete rewire as the previous owner surely wasn't an electrician. I did everything in aluminum and the intention is everything will be dry storage, this is the reason for all the U channel facing up. It's a work in progress as I ran out of sheet aluminum, and only budgeted 1 sheet this year. Oh well it happens. On a side note, I work for a company that does tons of sheet metal so the aluminum (0.090"x48"x120") only cost me $95.00 so that was part of my motivation.

I use this boat for crabbing on the Chesapeake bay, running trotline, which is what is shown in the blue tote. I generally have to take along a fair amount of equipment for this endeavor so I am trying to set the boat up to store all this stuff out of the way. It makes packing up to go easier and faster at the ramp (less loading from my truck).

One thing I learned, using solid rivets takes a certain knack, I think I have it now, but did screw a couple of them up.

Will post more pics as the work progresses, it's definitely not finished...are they ever?

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 444
  • fuse block.jpg
    fuse block.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 444
  • hatches closed.jpg
    hatches closed.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 444
  • hatches open.jpg
    hatches open.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 444
  • trotline stored.jpg
    trotline stored.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 444
That’s looks great! Your metal working skills are top notch. I’m stuck to building decks and hatches with plywood for now.

I'm jealous of that fuse block pic. Mine is a mess under the console that I can't really get to without folding my joints in directions they don't want to go. I really need to move this up my boat to-do list.

LDUBS said:
I'm jealous of that fuse block pic. Mine is a mess under the console that I can't really get to without folding my joints in directions they don't want to go. I really need to move this up my boat to-do list.

I have some stuff under the console, but it's much neater than it was. I should say I have fuses now and there weren't any before. :shock:

Latest posts