New Tinneeeee

Boating related questions,small projects, custom work and talk go here.
sonny.barile

New Tinneeeee

Post by sonny.barile » 05 Sep 2016, 21:13

Got a brand new tin boat last week. It's a 16 ft. Duranautic side console. It has a vinyl covered marine plywood floor, a plumbed live well, navigation lights, a bilge pump, and a color fish finder. The finder is not fancy (HB 197C) but it does what I need it to do. All the electric stuff is wired to the console. The power is a 30hp Evinrude E-Tec with electric start and power trim.
The most important option that I added was plastic bunk covers for the LR trailer. I use my boat in the salt so this will help protect against corrosion. I think these are a little better than the plastic pads as absolutely none of the aluminum comes into contact with the bunk or carpet.

Not sure if I am going to add a trolling motor. The towing weight is pretty high for my vehicle. The total weight (including the trailer) is 1060 lbs. Im pulling it with a 2010 Honda CRV. I have the AWD model and it is slated for 1500 lbs max. but after towing this boat a couple of times already, Im not sure if Im comfortable adding another 75 lbs. (battery and TM

Well anyhow......I have been on this site enough times to know people like pictures.....

Proud Papa

RazorBaits
Texas Prowler

Re: New Tinneeeee

Post by Texas Prowler » 05 Sep 2016, 21:32

Very nice tin!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

rednecknproud21

Re: New Tinneeeee

Post by rednecknproud21 » 05 Sep 2016, 21:46

Nice

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

KMixson

New Tinneeeee

Post by KMixson » 06 Sep 2016, 05:20

Pretty Boat! Cool!

Fire1386

New Tinneeeee

Post by Fire1386 » 06 Sep 2016, 07:42

Nice boat, enjoy.....:) Maybe time for a pickup to pull it with.....:)

Johnny
Donor

New Tinneeeee

Post by Johnny » 06 Sep 2016, 09:34

wow - good job, Sonny !!
I love the color - and the high sides !!
I am thinking you will not be home much this summer.
camping and boating !!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.tinboats.net/how-to-build-a-transom/
http://www.tinboats.net/varnish-vs-polyurethane/
All about Primers = http://www.tinboats.net/primer-and-paint-basics/
Paint, Thinners and Applications = http://www.paintingforpainters.com/

1959 Crestliner Commodore 14'
1959 Lone Star Malibu 14'
1958 Johnson 35 RDE-19 Sea Horse
1958 Johnson 35 RDS-20 Super Sea Horse

sonny.barile

New Tinneeeee

Post by sonny.barile » 06 Sep 2016, 20:03

Yeah This will get me out of the river and into the bay. This Evinrude sips gas so I can be out all day and it won't cost much. The little woman is way more comfortable in this boat so maybe I can get her to come out a little more. She fishes a little but she also likes to just take a leisurely cruise and take pictures of the wildlife.

The color of this boat is kind of strange. They call it a seafoam green but it doesn't look green to me. It is a Duranautic boat made by the Marathon Boat Group up in NY state. I like that it is made here in the US. Makes me feel good to know my neighbors built it.

BTW I really like this Evinrude E-Tec 30. I didn't realize how much I missed having a 2-stroke until I fired this thing up.

lakemap

New Tinneeeee

Post by lakemap » 03 Sep 2018, 20:52

Nice rig! I’ve fished out of duranautic utility V’s forever. So I was wondering about how the console is mounted on that boat. Does in sit on top of, or just Behind the front bench seat?

bcbouy

New Tinneeeee

Post by bcbouy » 03 Sep 2018, 21:48

i wish my alumacraft had a dash that big.plenty of realestate for a screen,ff,stereo and every gauge under the sun.
if all else fails....stop using all else

sonny.barile

New Tinneeeee

Post by sonny.barile » 24 Mar 2019, 18:33

lakemap wrote:Nice rig! I’ve fished out of duranautic utility V’s forever. So I was wondering about how the console is mounted on that boat. Does in sit on top of, or just Behind the front bench seat?
Sorry for not replying lakemap.....I haven’t looked at this page in a while.

It is bolted to the side and the floor. There is a gap between the front bench and the console. It’s just eight or ten inches. I keep my net there.....

sonny.barile

New Tinneeeee

Post by sonny.barile » 24 Mar 2019, 18:52

bcbouy wrote:i wish my alumacraft had a dash that big.plenty of realestate for a screen,ff,stereo and every gauge under the sun.
I don’t have any gages. The evinrude gages are for the 40hp and up and I have a 30. I do have a fish finder mounted on the dash. There is a switch panel for the lights, fish finder, bilge, and the livewell pump. I have 1 circuit left open if I want to add something else. I wasnt thinking about a stereo but now you put that thought in my head.