PVC boat cover support frame

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassNBob

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pictures of a support frame I made out of 1.5" PVC if anyone needs one for themselves. Pretty easy and quick to do.

Attachments

• DSC00072.JPG
    DSC00072.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,367
  • DSC00073.JPG
    DSC00073.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,889
  • DSC00074.JPG
    DSC00074.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,897
  • DSC00075.JPG
    DSC00075.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 2,369
Pretty neat BassNBob, but what is that double up in the vertical piece in the rear section?? Also, :p why do you need it - don't you keep your boat uncovered and ready to go 24/7 down there in "warm all year" country???? :lol:

Nice job Bob, I may try my hand at one. It looks to me as if he tied the down supports to the seat bases and one was just off center of the other.

DF, you are correct, the rear vertical is offset because the pedestal bas is offset to use the tiller handle. I will be adding a steering console soon and athe I will adjust the setting. FC, it is snowing here tonite so that is why is like to use the cover. I plan to go fishing Sunday if the weather is permitting.

BassNBob said:
DF, you are correct, the rear vertical is offset because the pedestal bas is offset to use the tiller handle. I will be adding a steering console soon and athe I will adjust the setting. FC, it is snowing here tonite so that is why is like to use the cover. I plan to go fishing Sunday if the weather is permitting.

mercy, snowing in Tennessee??????????????????? I guess Oneida will be closed down tomorrw :p :p

Looks like Oneida gets 50 on Sunday - catch a bunch :)
Sun
Nov 23
Mostly Sunny
51°
30°
10%
8 Comfortable

Looks good Bob. My fishin buddy and I have both devised such a support in the past. The work good until the heat of summer gets to em and tends to warp them. Hope you have better luck than us. We have since had to come up with some different ideas.

Mine is glued together, but if you wanted to disassemble it at any time I guess I would drill me a 1/4" hole in each end of the horizontal pieces and the two 90* elbows so I could insert a 1/4" bolt to hold it together. You would only have three pieces for storage.
If you left it glued together you could use it as a tent for your kids to play or cover your riding lawn mower when not in use.

Bob those bends are they 22 1/2 bends.That is just what i need but could not thank how to do it thanks for your brain storm.

Looking good :D

Thats pretty slick I would have never thought about something like that.

Latest posts