It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 10:07
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

AirboatCoatings

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: 12 May 2009, 23:48 

hey i have a 12' sears gamefisher tri hull made of fiberglass laying around. it has 3 bench seats, the one in the back the middle and the small one upfront. i would like to deck from the middle bench seat all the way to the front point of the boat. i would like to lay the deck ontop of the benches. i cant remeber if it is 48 inches wide or 42 inches wide (the boats upnorth so i cant measure right now). anyways i was wondering if it would be safe decking from the middle bench to the front point of the boat. also id like to floor behind the middle bench and then deck from the back bench to the backend of the boat. will there be a problem with stability after decking? this is a picture of the exact boat but mine is green and doesnt have the livewell. and the other picture is how id like it to look. thanks

sportfisher1.jpg
sportfisher1.jpg [ 15.67 KiB | Viewed 4982 times ]
sportfisher2.jpg
sportfisher2.jpg [ 10.79 KiB | Viewed 4982 times ]
sportfisher1.jpg
sportfisher1.jpg [ 10.79 KiB | Viewed 4988 times ]

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 13:19 

Well if you decide to do it let us know. We have thought about it too, but not sure we will want to be standing up. We did see a youtube video with someone doing it....real short and no update after completed. That pic is actually our boat! Since that pic, we have removed seats, redone the entire hull. check out the progress at http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?p=2134649

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 16:09 

I had this exact same boat befor i sold it for the boat i have now...I will say 2 things...keep the weight down cause this boat had almost no freeboard with just me in it...and i would only do low deck as this thing was reall really tippy...be carefull whatver you decide though i almost ate it in that boat a few times..
Joe

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 16:38 

I had that same boat as well. I put a front deck on, but not on top of the seats. I sat it down in between the front/middle.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 19:32 

hooker701 wrote:
hey i have a 12' sears gamefisher tri hull made of fiberglass laying around. it has 3 bench seats, the one in the back the middle and the small one upfront. i would like to deck from the middle bench seat all the way to the front point of the boat. i would like to lay the deck ontop of the benches. i cant remeber if it is 48 inches wide or 42 inches wide (the boats upnorth so i cant measure right now). anyways i was wondering if it would be safe decking from the middle bench to the front point of the boat. also id like to floor behind the middle bench and then deck from the back bench to the backend of the boat. will there be a problem with stability after decking? this is a picture of the exact boat but mine is green and doesnt have the livewell. and the other picture is how id like it to look. thanks

:WELCOME:

Nice project.

Goal Post Style Trailer Guides Link.
How to post pics link.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]