Transducer Cutting Board Mount Material

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used the same plate OP listed in the original post, brand was rigrite but it was 20 bucks and i like the extra thickness over a cutting board .. tranducer screws would have went all the way through the plastic cutting boards i could find.

Here is the final product. I'm sorry I don't have a picture of the clamp up assembly. I was planing on it but I did this at my dad's house for the extra set of hands and he took it off after it cured before I got back over there.

Also, I have since installed the transducer. I'll get a pic of that to post soon, probably before I leave to go test it out.

1D798286-911A-449A-8D60-1577A217C068_zpsvjlmqaw5.jpg

6F9A57E8-C774-4F4A-87DC-DE9FAB295A2C_zps5x89dpwv.jpg

48272B2A-4FC9-4BD0-9809-32C1FF4E94A3_zpsnw7xymry.jpg

I used Azek vinyl trim which can be found at Lowes, Home Depot etc. 1-inch thick and very easy to cut. It was attached to the hull with 3M 5200 and is holding up beautifully.

gettinback said:
Has anyone used two part epoxy to adhere the transducer mounting board?

This man at Bass Pro who sold me my fish finder recommended JB Weld two part epoxy, i bought the 12" transducer mounting board and the JB Weld but i'm hesitant to try it, debating returning what I bought and figuring out something smaller myself with the recommendations i've read here and what i've thought of myself.

IMG_20170127_193747.jpgIMG_20170127_193709.jpgIMG_20170127_193551.jpgBit the bullet today and purchased one from Wade at fishfindermounts.com in Aldergrove. Super nice guy , gave me a discount and a VIP pass to the Fishing and Sportsman show. They aren't cheap but glad I did. Can now transfer my transducer between boats with no more drilling of holes, gluing cutting board on, etc. He also showed me his pontoon boat stuff. Well worth it even though it is quite expensive as it is priced in US $. Note to self be careful because these magnets are really very powerful..... #-o

Latest posts