what kind of lights to use on platform?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any body use anything other than halogen for their flood lights? I got 5 500 watt halogens on my platform and want to switch to something else since i bought a new honda generator and its only 2000 watt. just looking for any ideas or suggestions.

countryboy120406 said:
Any body use anything other than halogen for their flood lights? I got 5 500 watt halogens on my platform and want to switch to something else since i bought a new honda generator and its only 2000 watt. just looking for any ideas or suggestions.
it may be more expensive but I say get a bunch of LED lights. very low wattage, no heat.

thats what i was thinking either LED floods or some type of HID fixture. they use way less power. But are extremely expensive from what i've seen may have to bite the bullet soon hate to spend another 500 bucks in lights

Anyone use High pressure sodium, mecury vapor or metal halide? any thoughts on the shades or brightness of any of these?

u can pick up sets of hids for cars off ebay for like 50 get an extra headlight assembly from a junk yard to fit said bulb work some redneck magic and have crazy bright lights semi cheaply, if ebay dont have lights i got 2 sets ill sell ya

I use 20w green led floods off eBay. They are 12 volt dc and only draw less than 1/2 amp. They light up about 6-8' out from the boat and penetrate the water great and not to mention they were less than $50 a piece. Great buy for the money. Heres a link https://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=230827083606&cmd=SUBMIT_VARIATION

I would keep the same lights and get 250 watt bulbs for them....cheapest fix and still just as bright pretty much

To with 150w HPS with capacitors from Econo light and you'll get a lot more light and a lot less draw on your Honda I run 4 150s and my 2000 barely gets above an idle on Eco Mode
Go to Bowfishingcountry.commif you want info on lights

Latest posts