BPS Pro Qualifier 2

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the dual brake reels I like to be able to cast without wind using only the centrifugal brakes, figuring out however many it takes then setting it with one fewer and using the magnetic to fine tune it from there and adjust for wind as needed.

IE - if I can cast a jig with no backlash and the magnetics turned down to 0 with 3 of the 6 centrifugal brakes on I'll set the reel to 2 brakes on then dial up the magnetics to 3 or 4 to be sure I can cast. I like as little free-spool resistance as I can get away with to max out the casting range without having to whip the heck out of it.

If I'm out on a windy day a click or two more on the magnet is usually all it takes to avoid backlashing in the wind unless I'm stupidly throwing a spinnerbait or buzzbait into the wind.

I just bought a new pq2 a week ago...used it last sat first time...before I even had the magnets straight, I hooked a bass with some shoulders on him...lost at boat. I found it to cast smooth and be a really nice reel... just as I remember them. This one's my what?..4th one. First one was an old round reel style I bought back in late 90s early 20s?... I'm really happy with mine so far... just wish I got em on sale. 99 for reel...99 for matching rod...oops

Jim said:
I just got a flyer in the mail, these will be back on sale for $59 starting July 5 if anyone is interested.

Jim

Odd?? I completely missed that. At least around here. Didn't see it in my flyer. I strolled through the Denver Bass Pro July 3rd when visiting family there, and had a Pro Qualifier 2 in my hand. Still marked at 99 bucks and the sales guy said not a word about on sale or it was going to be on sale.
I plan on replacing my 20-30 year old Shimano Bantam 10X with a Pro Qualifier next spring when they go half price again.

Latest posts