Tunnel Design and Dimensions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdingus09

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Need some help. I had a thread over on another forum where someone was kind enough to post Outboard Jets recommended tunnel design. That forum is currently down and I can access that drawing anymore. Could someone point me to that diagram or post it here. Many thanks!

I'm not sure if this is the same diagram from Outboardjets or not.

attachment.php

I used Outboard Jet's tunnel design for several years on the boats I sell but it is too short to protect the jet drive when trimmed all the way down. You need 3.5 inches to have the jet drive completely above the bottom of the hull. So my tunnels are 4.5 inches high at the rear. The width and length of the tunnel depends on the size of the motor. Mine range from 14 to 19" wide and 18 to 48" long.

I used Outboard Jet's tunnel design for several years on the boats I sell but it is too short to protect the jet drive when trimmed all the way down. You need 3.5 inches to have the jet drive completely above the bottom of the hull. So my tunnels are 4.5 inches high at the rear. The width and length of the tunnel depends on the size of the motor. Mine range from 14 to 19" wide and 18 to 48" long.
So for a 18 foot Landau that was originally a prop tunnel but I put a 135/95 Mercury Jet on and need to revamp my tunnel what would you recommend. My current tunnel is 18 3/8" wide and 5 inches high. 5 foot total in length. The last foot is flat and the 4 feet in front slopes down to nothing and they are straight up and down walls.
Any suggestions on what I can do to mine.

Latest posts