1964 Loan Star Medallion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bull751

Reaction score
Hello to all from Mason Texas. I have a 1964 Loan Star Medallion needing a transom “board” replacement. There will need to be some dismantling of the aft sections in order to accommodate the installation of the new backer material. My skills are up to par but the thought of taking apart my baby is a bit intimidating. These old Medallions are seaworthy as heck and built like a brick. I going on with a Tohatsu 30. Not into speed. And want to keep the stern weight down as this is more accommodating to rough water. My buddy and I used his Johnson 15 on her and had her in at least 6’ breaking sets. She never took a single drop of water on. And we were out there with the big boys fishing! Yeah we got some looks alright. But we were drier than a lot of those guys were. And just as unsinkable. But I digress. If any of you good guys have worked on these boats and have any pointers or warnings about tearing into her please advise. I would be very grateful. Thanks to all.IMG_2760.png

Attachments

• IMG_2759.png
    IMG_2759.png
    652.6 KB · Views: 0