1987 tracker tx17 rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats pretty cool! We have a million clubs up here in the finger lakes region so we have our choice pretty much every weekend but there's only really one big circut thats associated with B.A.S.S. and can get you a bid to the B.A.S.S. team championship, they average 40-60 boats per tournament and the rest up here are usually between 15-30

Well I haven’t gotten much work done on the boat. I have only mounted the jackplate and started painting the engine cover. It still needs clear coated and the rest of the motor needs painted but we are getting closer.
dff990614f14eecff575b670332cb4d3.jpg
9e94c79f73fe482019345f29c7473d18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What made you go with a jack plate? And any reason for cmc over a other brand?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dirty dave said:
What made you go with a jack plate? And any reason for cmc over a other brand?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I went with it because I fish tournaments and obviously don’t have the fastest boat on the lake. So I am going to make it so that I can get in places the other boats can’t. Example I live on a lake that has 2 other mainly connected. But if o travel down a winding channel for a few miles I go threw a couple of tubes that go under roads and threw a loch system that them fiberglass boats can get threw, then that puts me on 7+ more lakes. So pretty much to get the engine up as high as I can and also maybe a little better performance I’m guessing. I looked at a bunch of them Vance ones on eBay looked to be a good deal but I don’t think they allowed as much lift as the cmc. I am currently redoing a pontoon for a friend and we installed a Vance 12 inch on it and I believe it has about an inch less travel as the cmc. Plus I got a good discount on it threw my parts supplier

I am proud to say that I am nearing the end. It’s been a fun time that’s for sure. I have to carpet the rod locker,screw down the recessed trolling motor tray, and silicone and tighten a thru Hull livewell pump. Besides putting new batteries in and painting the bottom of the boat it is done [emoji4]
625d78ec869eab62fc7d023fcf187e1b.jpg

I’ll do a post once it’s all vacuumed and fish ready with more pics.

That came out great!!! Looks amazing dude, what motor did you end up putting on the back? You'll have to report back with some speeds you get and such

The motor that is on it currently is a 90. I’m not sure if it’s going to stay on or not. I looked up and seen a lot of these boats are rated for 80. My tag says 90 and I seen a post somewhere else that another one was rated for 90. Either way if you go off coast guard you calculations it’s fine. Anyways I have a few laying around including a 115 and a 75. Also have a 200 but that’s a little to big [emoji23]. I took the boat home today and put it on the garage so that I can get back to work on paying projects and not have to move it around all the time.
d8e481a66c8741d5c8c11dcedfb88273.jpg
1bd0c5cc4f18f66b55f575b26ef69d4e.jpg

Trailer work and painting the bottom of the boat will happen sometime after Memorial Day after all of my boats are in the water
I’m on the hunt for 1 or maybe 2 helix 7s or 10s. But boy are they salty

Just a few updates. I ran the boat to test out the motor with the jackplate. 0-30mph was absolutely insane but topped out at 43. Also motor was a little to high. I lowered the motor a 1/2 inch and haven’t been back out to test. Also updated my electronics to garmins. I am running the new echomap plus console and bow also still running humminbird helix next to the garmin on the dash. I figure I can use it for back up imaging. Anyway when it finally warms up a bit in a few weeks I’ll be doing more testing I don’t think I’ll have a problem hitting 50mph though

No real updates besides i fished my first tourney out of it and it worked great. Rod locker comfortably holds 16 rods and room for more. I haven’t got my my prop situation finished yet. It’ll run 42mph with a 18p prop at 6200 rpms which is over revving it and I hit 45mph with a 24p at 4800rpms. I’m just trying to find a deal on a 21p to try out without spending 400$

nice build, mind posting some pics of your storage compartments and rod locker? looking for as many ideas as possible before i start on my boat, thanks.

I’ll try to take some tomorrow. Boat has worked flawlessly. I’ve fished out of it a ton and fished 3 tournaments with it but now it will be up for sale. I ended up coming across a fiberglass boat that was pretty much a bare hull and after two long nights fished a tournament with it on Sunday.