CARPETING

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juanton

Reaction score
I was searching through the pages and didn't see anything that matched what I wanted, so if it's beating a dead horse, I apologize.

I need a good marine carpet. Hopefully in a 12' length. Any resources you folks have would be awesome.

Here is what I am thinking about special ordering from Menards: https://www.menards.com/main/floori...ck-indoor-outdoor-carpet/p-1705980-c-6542.htm

Problem: this is special order and won't be here for about 3 weeks. My summer will practically be over. Plus I might have to pay freight. Not sure yet on the last part.

Any help would be awesome!

-J

Here's my build as well:
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=30159

Just picked up the gray last night at Home Depot. It was 12 feet long and I could get it as wide as I wanted. So I got a 12x8 section. They had it marked (was .52 now .41 per sq foot) the redgester kept wanting to charge by the yard. I tried to tell her how to figure the yards out but she got frustrated with the hole thing and rang it up as $7.00 It is thinner than your typical marine carpet so not sure how long it will hold up.

I use the Gray outdoor carpet from Lowe's and Home Depot as well. The stuff at Lowe's is 12' wide by any length and the stuff from HD is 6' wide. My boat is only 48 at the widest so I used the 6". With all of that said, my carpet is snap in and the carpet holds the snaps very well.

+3 for the Home Depot / Lowes carpet. On my flatbottom seats & flooring I cut cut plywood to fit, sealed with spar varnish. Laid the carpet face down on the garage floor. Then I coated one side of the plywood with contact cement and dropped it glue side down on the carpet. Then parked my motorcycle on top of the board. I trimmed the edges and wrapped around the bottom of the board with more cement and stainless steel staples. Made a very neat look with no wrinkles. 2 years and no problems.

I got my carpet at Mennards and am happy with it. It is the indoor outdoor carpet. I also had trouble checking out as she kept wanting to use the sq ft price as the running foot price. I just figured it out for her and she over rode the cash reg

I got my carpet from Fleet Farm, they have nice quality marine grade grey carpeting in 6' wide rolls. The price is great too. Similar in range to the Home Depot or Menards pricing, I just think the quality is a little nicer from my own experience.