Excellent Grilled Walleye!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perchin

Reaction score
I can't alway eat only deep fried and pan fried fish so........

This is one of my favorite ways to eat walleye, the only way I like it actually.

Start off with the following

1) Fresh Dill (I buy it from the deli section of the store)
2) Fresh Basil (I buy the herb basil bunches)
3) Fresh Green Onions
4) Fresh Garlic
5) Fresh Roma Tomatoes
6) Fresh Red Bell Pepper
7) Fresh Green Bell Pepper
8 ) Lemon
9) Pinot Grigio (Cheap Wine)
10) Butter

Start out by laying out some Aluminum Foil, then place Walleye Fillet on foil. On a chopping board finely chop up the fresh basil, the ends of the green onions, just a little garlic, tomatoes.
Now cover the Fillet with the previously mentioned. Now break open your pepper's and slice them length wise into many pieces, and place a few on your fillet. Now pour about a 1/4" cup of the wine over the fillet (you will need to form the foil into a shallow dish). Squeeze some lemon juice over the fillet. Now just cut up a couple of tbls. squares of butter and place one on each end. Fold up the remaining edges of the foil over the entire fillet. Place on the grill on low heat for about 35 min. I also love to soak corn still in its husk in water, then wrap in foil and cook it on the grill, also some potatoes.

I made this last night, and it was awsome!!! wish I would of though to snap a few pics. (I will next time.)

awsome recipe i have one too. we go to lake erie every august walleye fishing for a week so here goes.

walleye filets
seafood stuffing fresh from sea food shop
lobster bisque

make a little ball size of seafood stuffing
wrap one or two filets aroung the ball depending how big u make the balls usually alittle bigger than a golf ball
attatch w toothpicks
pour lobster bisque over balls and filets
bake in oven around 350 for however long u like your fish cooked
when u take them out of oven pous some more lobster bisque over balls before serving and enjoy :)

bigbadgixxer said:
awsome recipe i have one too. we go to lake erie every august walleye fishing for a week so here goes.

walleye filets
seafood stuffing fresh from sea food shop
lobster bisque

make a little ball size of seafood stuffing
wrap one or two filets aroung the ball depending how big u make the balls usually alittle bigger than a golf ball
attatch w toothpicks
pour lobster bisque over balls and filets
bake in oven around 350 for however long u like your fish cooked
when u take them out of oven pous some more lobster bisque over balls before serving and enjoy :)

You know some of us are on diets and posting this stuff is not helping......at all. I can taste this in my mouth just reading it. :LOL2: