Fathers Day with the Girls

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel My Brother

Reaction score
Friday after work I was planned to go wading for smallies. I called a buddy to join me but he convinced me to come out to his farm and fish his ponds instead. I took my daughter, Emily, and she knocked ‘em dead with a green pumpkin baby brush hog, and even caught her first ever 4 pounder!
100_0609.jpg

A proud Dad.
100_0611.jpg

This was the best I could manage for the evening. A decent fish, but not quite scale-worthy.
100_0608.jpg

My friend Mark showed us both up with a fat 5lb 7oz fish. He was tossing a brush hog and fishing it fast.
100_0616.jpg

Saturday morning after the storms rolled through I took my daughter, Natalie, to Cedar Lake. She put a hurtin’ on the sunfish, catching ‘em one after another after another.
100_0634.jpg

I was tossing a Senko and managed a couple of good ones, too.
100_0622.jpg

100_0632.jpg

But the fish of the day had to be this big flathead. He grabbed my Senko and took us for a little boat ride. I was praying that it was a bass, but deep down I figured it had whiskers. Still, a big fish is a big fish and I certainly enjoyed the fight.
100_0630.jpg

Sunday morning I again planned to wade the stream for smallies, but more heavy rain overnight changed those plans. Instead my daughter, Jayna, and I headed to the lake. She’s normally a bass fisherman, but after hearing about Natalie’s non-stop action on Saturday she picked up the bluegill pole and went to town.
100_0654.jpg

Never did make it to the river, but what a great weekend with my 3 youngest…I hope you all had a great one, too.

Totally awesome report with some amazing fish. Love that fight a cat gives, but you're right...I too always hope it's a bass.

WOW!!!!, what a great week-end DMB, Your a lucky man my friend.

Emily, congrats on your 1st 4 lber, very impressive, gotta love those creature baits, next time that 5 lb 7 ozer is yours.

Natalie, way to put a hurten on those Sunnies, did you put that worm on the hook by yourself? How bout that big ole Whisker fish Dad caught, did it talk to you?

Jayna, you made a good decision whan you grabbed that Sunny pole, no matter what pole you use sound like your quite the angler.

Mark, nice Hawg

:shock: those are some nice fish, wish i was there on fathers day with my family that looked like a fun fun day awesome

Latest posts