Finally a toadie bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
With lots of night striper fishing and weekend drum trips, Mr. Captain Ahab and myself haven't been doing so well with Lm bass lately. We have either been striking out completely or just catching decent fish, but mostly dinks. Saturday we hit a pond that we know has nice fish in, but have yet to hit any this year. Dave lost a good fish on his first cast on a frog and we each caught a few dinks on frogs and soft plastics. After a while I decided to try something totally different. This pond is pratically all scummed over and only has a small amount of open water, even so, I tied on a lucky craft shallow running fat crank. After about 20 casts I was about to take it off after pulling weeds off of it every cast. then it got slammed. It did two or three head shakey jumps and I was freaking trying not to lose it. I got it in and Dave ran around the pond to take my pic. Very long fish, too bad it was spawned out or it would have been a real toad.

gauntlettoad6510a.jpg

Nice one JB - and thanks to Capt for the pic... but, hey, since Ahab took the pic, shouldn't the bee a funny face in there somewhere??? :p

I was trying to get him to make a good fish face - he almost smiled so close enough. Oh yeah, that is a Large Mouth Bass, not a Toadie Bass, Toadie Bass look different, LOL