Fish finder mount mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haute

Reaction score
Hi All,

Havent posted in a while, but am getting ready for our big, annual fishing trip/summer vacation up North, and I thought I'd share a couple of things.

I wanted to mount my Lowrance fish finder, but couldnt figure out a solution that I liked. So, I came up with something that I can use in multiple ways.

I put two rivnuts into the gunwale, to screw in a Scotty mount. Then I took a Scotty No. 272 Swivel Fishfinder Post Bracket and made my own aluminum plate to attach to it. Then, on that plate, I drilled/tapped screw holes for the stock Lowrance mount, as well as for this little Ram Mount that I picked up.

The Ram mount gives me a ball mount, which allows me to straighten out the finder. If I just used the stock plate, it leans out of the boat.

Thought I'd post and hopefully it gives someone, somewhere, some inspiration.

(Ya, I know Scotty has both ball mounts and finder mounts, but I wanted to do this with stuff I had laying around my "boating stuff" collection)

Attachments

• 20200714_180137.jpg
    20200714_180137.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 266
  • 20200714_180148.jpg
    20200714_180148.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 266
  • 20200714_180154.jpg
    20200714_180154.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 266
I used the same idea to make a mount to hold my trolling motor shaft from bouncing around when pulling the boat on the trailer. I got mine from the junk yard out of a van that had a tablet mounted in it for the drivers use. Every time I go to the yard I look for them because I can get them for next to nothing.

eeshaw said:
I used the same idea to make a mount to hold my trolling motor shaft from bouncing around when pulling the boat on the trailer. I got mine from the junk yard out of a van that had a tablet mounted in it for the drivers use. Every time I go to the yard I look for them because I can get them for next to nothing.

Great minds think alike. I used a Scotty flush mount to make my trolling motor brace. All in for about $10.

IMG_2039.jpg