Hello!!! Just wanted to introduce myself...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majorpede

Reaction score
How's everyone doing. I'm from Roanoke Rapids N.C, but live in Fayetteville N.C. I have fished my whole life, but have only been bass fishing for one season 09. My step soon and I go as much as possible, and we love it.

I came home after being injured in Iraq from a road side bomb, and had alot of time on my hands after my uncle decided I should work no more, and found this in my mom's shed.

Picture010.jpg

Its a Shimano Crestfire Batam CR100. 1BB LOL
I traided her one of my old Mitchel open face reels for it. (She hated the baitcaster)
Got some cheep 12 mono from Wal-Mart and picked up rod for it. one piece Abu Garcia 7.0" m casting rod. $17.00 bucks. (best felling rod I have ever owned)

Picture017.jpg

This is what I throw on it.

Picture061.jpg

For jigs and Plastic worms, I use a Mitchel avocet II avs 2000f and 50lb spider wire braid (should hav got 20lb or 30lb my first time trying braid) LOL Overcompensated, with a 7.0" M two piece Shakespeare rod. Reel $40.00, Rod $17.00 Love this set up.

Picture031.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Next is my crappie/light bass lure setup. A cheep 4 bb real I got from Dicks on sale for 10 bucks, matched up with a Shakespear 6.6" Light rod I caught on sale a Wal- Mart for $3.00 last winter. (I got like 5 of them) LOL The reel is super smooth but any line over 8lb test on all my rod throw knots by the 3 or 4th cast everytime. 6lb test works fine on it.

Picture054.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture056.jpg

My step son uses 3 basic shakespere open faced reel/rod combo's from Wal-Mart, and I plan on giving him all of my stuff to choose from. I plan on upgrading all my reels to Revos. The 6,4:1 Skeet Reese, The 5,4:1 Revo Winch, and the 7,1:1 STX-HS. My problem is rod selection. I am lost to the true meaning of fast tip slow tips, 40 60 and 70 million moduale (or what ever) other than just the feel in you hand what else sell's you on a rod, and why?

Oh I forgot I fish from shore at 3 football feild sized ponds, but will be a Tin Boat owner hopfully next year.

Thanks guys.

Welcome to the site and THANK YOU for your Service and Sacrifices :USA1: There's some great guys here and you'll learn a lot.
I have a lot of relatives down there in Fayetteville.

:USA1:

Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service!

welcome

I learned to bass fish on a similar reel to the baitcaster you have. Gets the job done just as good as one with 10x as many bearings :lol:

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining and Thank you for your service and huge sacrifice. You have a bunch of good looking baits there. Looking forward to your fish catching reports.

Here's a Lil article on choosing a rod and what tip action means and how it applies for fishing ...Jiggy

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/rodselection.html
PS; I noticed on your spinning reels you got way to much line spooled on them thats the main reason your getting wind knots in your line....JIGGY

You can buy Curados in 5:1 and 7:1.. :) The skeete reese is a awesome reel, Id love to have one, But i really do not see the advantages it has over the STX myself, except the 79.00 higher msrp.. Welcome aboard BTW, and thank you for your service to this country..

Think's for all your response's, Thank's for the Link Jigster and the tip on the over spooling. I will be sure to re-spool with a little less line and see how it works out.

Latest posts