how to secure batteries up front ??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzzybil

Reaction score
the outboard had a obvious place to bungee down its battery in the stern

however no clue how i'm going to secure 2 trolling motor batteries up front - preferrably under the bow ?.........bought fancy plug and receptacle ,marine wire for the batteries, cb and about ready to get ipilot happening !!........saved all winter and pretty excited

just puzzled on battery placement ......the floor starts a good tilt right at base of bow and that slant continues....i assume i'm going to have to build some kind of securement for the 2 battery boxes that includes a way to level them up and keep them from bouncing around ??????

some kind of 1x4 wood rail around them with a 1x 4 underneath to screw the boxes down ?? maybe 2x4 on 1 side to eliminate the SLANT ???????piece of foam or rubber under it ??

am i missing some obvious EASY SOLUTION ? DO YALL HAVE ANY PICS ? of your setups ?

in my mind i'm going to install that plug on the bow deck and route wires under that 'below bow deck storage area........ i don't have onboard charger yet ..........studying them now :( i don't care about losing access to that storage area........don't have nothing under there yet so .....not a worry

i know i need a 2 bank charger.......but that seems to be least of question......just need to throw more $$ at that,,,,,hahaha....... ( tho opinions and advice welcome there too )

how to level and secure these 2 big batteries............thats what i'm asking ??????

I used a couple of battery trays that have a strap to secure the battery and screwed them to a piece of plywood.

Attachments

• 031211 004P.jpg
    031211 004P.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 576
thanks....... i used battery boxes and made a lil frame for'm with 1x4 with 2x6 at end and middle.....then a 1x1 strip along bottom edge 1 side to ''level'' it cuz of the slant....... not much extra clearance.........idk if box lids will fit but will be under bow for most part..... shouldn't get directly splashed but ?????? might be able to trim'm a lil make'm fit..

i like your switch - dont have 1......... mines 24 so wont be swappin......

is there any particular reason i need a switch ??

desktop broke on laptop...phone haha......screen too little.......will post some pics when i get it painted up...grab rail in works......will try post pics when installed or process lol makin it happen

I don't think so. I use the switch because I use one battery at a time on my 12 volt TM.