I messed up. SIX TIMES! Night fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darkness or heavy fog changes everything. I’ve gotten so turned around duck hunting on pretty small ponds in the dark and fog it’s not funny. Think you know exactly where you’re going and end up somewhere else entirely. Thats generally when the dreaded “no signal” appears on the gps.

Darkness or heavy fog changes everything. I’ve gotten so turned around duck hunting on pretty small ponds in the dark and fog it’s not funny. Think you know exactly where you’re going and end up somewhere else entirely. Thats generally when the dreaded “no signal” appears on the gps.
Just trolling around trying to find that brush pile back on the finder. I’d look up from the screen and be completely disoriented. I was using the lights from the marina for a land mark but lost those a couple of times seeing lights on the wrong shoreline. I had know business out there with a new Garmin that I hadn’t taken the time to learn how to use everything. I spent yesterday watching 12 videos and another hour and a half one on my unit. And for a little one like I bought it does way more than I thought. I could have been fallowing my same track back to the ramp and not hit sand. Also put in gps coordinates to a brush pile that I was trying to find with my phone unsuccessfully.

I've only night fished off shores and docks. Your experience does not surprise me, I figure fishing at night from a boat has to be a bit dicey. Probably fun though. Some of my best fishing memories are at night. Seems like that's when you latch into the big cats!

I've only night fished off shores and docks. Your experience does not surprise me, I figure fishing at night from a boat has to be a bit dicey. Probably fun though. Some of my best fishing memories are at night. Seems like that's when you latch into the big cats!
That’s exactly what I’m looking for are big catfish.
The more I look back at that night the more I realize I wasn’t as prepared as I thought I was. Another hard lesson learned. Just means next time I’m going to be ready and have some fun. And if for some reason I’m late to the water I don’t think I’ll be launching after dark anymore. I want to locate my spot in the daylight and record my tracks.