I take film pictures.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Murphy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Dear Board,

I just rediscovered the joy of taking picture with a film camera. Not just that, I managed to develop the pictures myself.

Now, what do I do next? I did what any goofball like me would do. I scanned the negatives with a digital camera, and then used a computer to turn nothing into something.

I ain't saying it's a good thing. But here it is.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

More River 8-12-23_edited-express by Tim Murphy, on Flickr

Back in the 80's the Navy sent me to Photo Intel School. A six week course in taking black and whites along with development of film. Had my own little dark room set up down in engineering. The objective was to take detailed pictures of russian ships Especially their intel ships. When I got something good like a new radar or antenna we would mail the photos to D.C. Got 4 Navy Nams out of the deal. Black and White pictures along with the develop is an art. The detail can be very amazing. Todays methods are weak in comparison.

Gosh, it wasn't long ago that film and film developing was just about everywhere -- even drive thru's.

I guess these days film comes from a specialty camera shop or on line.
Dear LDUBS,

B&W film is pretty much something you will only find in a camera store or online. But you can still pick up color film at drugstores, Wal-Mart, and even some grocery stores.

Once I get more comfortable with developing B&W film at home I will try to develop color film. It's going to take a while but I'm sure I'll be able to pull it off.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Dear sonny,

I will probably stick with black and white, but I have a couple of rolls of frozen Kodak and Fujicolor film that need to be processed.

I might as well ruin it or make something out of it on my own. ;)

Regards,

Tim Murphy

What camera are you using?
I still have my Canon A2E.
Hello,

The picture I posted was taken with a Pentax Spotmatic F. I am a bit of a collector and have cameras from Canon, Kiev, Kodak, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Topcon and Zeiss-Ikon in 35mm and several 120 film cameras from Mamiya and Yashica. I also use digital cameras, but recently I have started shooting and developing black and white film at home. It was something I did a lot of 40 plus years ago and wanted to try again.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Latest posts