Just for fun

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on the season and what I am fishing for. Typically when by myself probably 5-6 rods. I can only use three at one time but I carry extras if one breaks or malfunctions. I swap out rods as the season changes from walleye to perch.

At a minimum 6 ...I'm never by myself at a minimum one person is usually with me. At a maximum 15..if 3 of us are bass fishing during the day then stay after dark to catfish ...we can run 3 a person

Like you LDUBS, I keep 4 that are permanent fixtures in the boat

I carry 5, a 2# spinning rig, a 4# spinning, a 6# spinning, an 8 #casting and a fly rod. I feel comfortable that's enough to catch SOMETHING at any given moment. And of course the 50# tackle box to feed all of those rigs......
Other than that, I tend to travel light.....

I normally have 6 with me. I fish artificial only, no bait. All rods are rigged with a few different rigs and ready to go. Once I hit on a pattern I’m mostly using one or two.

Just two. One I fish with and the other is a spare. One can only have one line in the water at a time in Alberta unless you're ice fishing, then your allowed 2 lines.

We have a "second rod validation" which is a fancy name for an option to the regular fishing license. It is $19.44 this year. Allows two rods for all fresh waters except those areas where only barbless can be used (fly fishing places I think). I buy it because I'm usually solo and having two rods out trolling is a huge difference.

I carry 5, a 2# spinning rig, a 4# spinning, a 6# spinning, an 8 #casting and a fly rod. I feel comfortable that's enough to catch SOMETHING at any given moment. And of course the 50# tackle box to feed all of those rigs......
Other than that, I tend to travel light.....

I carry two 7'-6" Kokanee rods for trolling and two Uglystik spinning rods for whatever. One of those is over 40 years old and still going strong.

A while back I stumbled on a sale at our local Walgreen's for $3 backpacks. I bought 4 of them. I still carry a three tier plastic tackle box, but just about all of my go-to lures are in utility boxes in one of those backpacks.

Typically six, if alone, 3-4 if with others. When I go on a serious trip, I'll probably bring 10-12 to cover various bases. When we go to the outer banks, NC, I probably bring 20. Some for casting to reds and trout, some for flounder, sheepshead and similar, some for surfcasting, and some for offshore fishing.

We have a "second rod validation" which is a fancy name for an option to the regular fishing license. It is $19.44 this year. Allows two rods for all fresh waters except those areas where only barbless can be used (fly fishing places I think). I buy it because I'm usually solo and having two rods out trolling is a huge difference.
Your state is nickle/ diming you to death, hope you get some good returns from all your sportsman fees !! I used to fish in waters belonging to my neighboring state and carried their license along with my own state license. Then they decided to get greedy and non resident license's went from 30 bucks up to 125.... Needless to say they lost a ton of out of state fisherman !! Not worth carrying that license anymore, and I discovered the fish will gladely cross the border to my side of the lake without complaint.

Usually three on the lakes I fish in this area. One will be an ultralight for panfish. One will be a little heavier rod, perhaps rigged with a larger swim jig or spinner bait. Third rod medium action with a crank bait.

If I'm fishing a farm pond, I'm happy with my ultralight only.

On my Canada trip in August each year, I'll have one rod rigged with a bottom bouncer for walleye. One rod with crank baits or spoons for northern pike. Third rod will be an 8 or 10 weight fly rod for northern pike and smallmouth bass.

Old habits die hard, I suppose. Being a former tourney fisherman, theres anywhere from 10 to 18 combos in the boat, one for every lure I plan to use that day, plus a couple of extras. Most of my stuff is very high end, so I'm a little OCD with the covers and such. Also, my stuff is very technique-specific. I make sure I can toss anything from a 1/16 crappie jig up to a 8 oz swimbait (and all with casting gear, btw).