King Salmon Fishing On Sacramento River, In Redding, CA

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therobzilla

Reaction score
Had the chance to fish the Sacramento River in Redding, CA last week. I am a Regional Manager for a large manufacturing company, so I was able to take a client with me on the trip along with one of the owners of our company from Georgia.

I connected with a guide, Mike Bouge Guide Service, comes well recommended, know as one of the best guides on the Sacramento for Salmon. Anyhow, we booked a two day fish, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, to fish with three people on the boat, myself and my owner, and our customer.

Early start, 5/5:30 at the boat ramp. He fishes a 21' custom aluminium guide boat with a 250hp jet tiller steer motor and a 8hp kicker for trolling. This boat was made for this kind of fishing, it's fast and handles the skinny water no problem.

Well to the long and the short of it, we caught some fish.

I caught the biggest, a 35lb King Salmon, customer caught a 25lb, and the owner of our company caught a 20lb fish. It was amazing.

I will have to say, that I never thought that you could catch that big of a fish in fresh water, I have caught some big fish in my life, offshore saltwater fishing, but fresh water, never bigger than about 10/12lbs. To say that I was surprised and blown away at how big these fish were, was an understatement. I will say that this was an amazing time, and one for the bucket list......

Here are some of the pictures.

KingSalmon_zps5bffc27d.jpg

My Fish

OwnersFish_zps385c8d73.jpg

Owners Fish

CustomersFish_zps8e89a22b.jpg

Customers Fish

If anyone is ever wanting to fish for Salmon on the Sacramento River and is looking for a guide service, this guy is amazing, here is is webiste URL https://www.mikebogue.com/

Latest posts