Maybe Winter/Spring Project?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kismet

Reaction score
I just don't know. I have the right 14' boat for me, and a great little 12'9" Y-stern canoe that I use most often. Got a great 10hp on the 14' and THREE Evinrude lightwin 3hp (yes, three, I just kept on finding and buying them. I love the little engines. Dumb, I know. :( ) Plus, there's a 1964 5.5 Johnson waiting for some minor tuning and a very old Clinton Sears 3.5hp that has just had a new diaphram put in and will be put on the market either now or in the Spring. I expect the Clinton, even just fixed up, will only bring @ $150.

And I'm old. And the car and two boats take up all my shed space. And...oh yeah, I had a heart attack about a year ago.

So, I really shouldn't pick up this 14' no-name, narrow (from the images), aluminum boat with trailer for $250 for a Winter/Spring project, should I? Here's his email:

The boat had a very small leak could be out for hours and not have to worry but I put bed liner on boat and fixed it. Trailer just had bearings repacked a month ago tires are 1 year old, new lights and wiring a month ago. Nice little boat used for 3 years just got a bigger boat. Also have a trolling motor and battery that is only 1 1/2 years old. Would sell as a package deal for 450 with a depth finder paid 550 for the depth finder trolling motor and battery alone. Not to much work needed to make a profit I just want gone before winter and I know this is not the time to sell a boat so I am taking a hit for driveway space.

https://images.craigslist.org/00B0B_2S1tFpcDyKw_600x450.jpg

https://images.craigslist.org/00505_bXG3XRXhSzu_600x450.jpg

I don't want the trolling motor nor the depth finder. The project boat would just be to mess around with, doing no-to-low cost rehab, and to sell in the Spring when the fishing fever hits the world again. Heck, I could mess with it, price it a $400 in the Spring, and offer either the 5.5 or the Clinton as part of a package for suitably addtional $.

The price is rock-bottom, end-of-year, need the space in the driveway low...but do I need the hassle or is this just one of those boredom-driven projects? The profit over cost would not include all the time and (I hope) minimal bits and pieces I'd invest.

Help me argue with myself, please. Keep in mind: old, Winter in Wisconsin, minimal profit from effort. But I do enjoy rehabbing old tin.

Thank you.
:?

first off having 3 old light twins is by no means dumb, you like them so why not? I have over 100 rods and 50 or so reels, do I need all of them? no but that's my thing :) to me there is no need to help you argue, the boats cheap, you like tinkering on them so why not? I say go for it!!! and you mentioned your an older fella? hell man you only get 1 life so I say make the most of it and do whatever you enjoy or makes you happy because im sure you know the older you get the faster the years seem to motor on by, im just starting to realize that myself and always consider it when making a decision that may not make perfect sense but if its what I want or like it then I go for it!!! lifes too short to sit around and question yourself so do what you enjoy and make the most of it! :D

oh one more thing. even if you end up a few dollars in the hole when your done I say that's money well spent if you enjoyed doing it.

Thanks, Shawn.

Problem solved itself. Just got an "it's sold" email from the guy.

I GOTTA stay away from Craig's list!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=329819#p329819 said:
Kismet » 11 minutes ago[/url]"]Thanks, Shawn.

Problem solved itself. Just got an "it's sold" email from the guy.

I GOTTA stay away from Craig's list!

your welcome. and yeah that makes 2 of us!! some of the deals I find on boats and motors are unreal sometimes...

Latest posts