New member. Help me ID my 14' semi V and motor.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up a 14' semi V and 7.5 Johnson seahorse for $200. I'm having trouble finding the maker of the boat. There are no hull ID numbers. I do know it was produced in 1960. It does have a Indiana registration number. I'm sure someone out there knows exactly what type of boat this is right ? I plan on scuffing the paint and hitting it up with some KBS rustseal and 3M undercoating along the bottom.

I am thinking this is mid 60s model? The motor ran great but has been sitting for 3 years unfortunately the motor was sitting on its side the entire time. What maintenance should be done before I fire it back up?

I was going to use this boat for small lakes and some 10hp and under reservoirs we have around here in Indiana. There is a river pretty close to my house. The water is pretty slow moving most of the time. Would 7.5hp on a 14' semi V be safe for the river? Thanks for any insight!

8412395342_d080c9a6d9.jpg

8411306039_b6428fe6e8.jpg

8412396872_3d1dca62be.jpg

Too many of those kind of Boat Mfg's to guess at.
In the photo of the boat, where the guys left hand is, but INSIDE the boat on the transom up high there should be a number of some kind.
Failing that, you may be able to go into DMV and ask for info on those Numbers on the front of the boat.

That old motor will work fine if you make sure it wont leak fuel, and make sure you pull it through a few times with some oil in the Carb throat and the spark plug holes.
The Carb will probably be clear and clean if it never had Alcohol in the fuel.

Those old motors had Points set at .020 and would get scaly sometimes and one cylinder might stutter a bit.

For Pete's sake, don't take that thing out in public till you get the paint and Decals for it.