Salvaged dump trailer issues

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkinto

Reaction score
I rescued an old dump trailer to modify and refit for a different boat. The original tongue was warped in a few places and the brace that the tongue was bolted to was wrenched backward almost 20 degrees from some insane torque so I had to cut it out and replace it. I'm at the point now where I need to purchase a new piece of steel for the tongue but I've run into an issue where I am not sure how to best continue. As it was a dump trailer it was initially designed to pivot on an axis which is no longer required and there is a bracket that would allow the original tongue to recess into the frame of the trailer. That gap is I think 2 5/8" and to avoid issues I wanted to use a 2" piece of steel to mount my coupler on. Basically where should the tongue be mounted on the trailer, should I cut out a 2" slot in the center of the trailer to mount it in or what? Sound opinions welcome.

Do you have any pics you can share with us? Might be easier to offer advice if we can see exactly what you're up against.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=342855#p342855 said:
fender66 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:08 pm[/url]"]Do you have any pics you can share with us? Might be easier to offer advice if we can see exactly what you're up against.
+1

Latest posts