Shade System Update

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gogittum

Reaction score
As stated in the earlier thread, I had to make a stand-off from the front seat to move the shade patch far enuf to do my pup any good. Also, a fishing guide on another forum suggested soaking a heavy towel and putting it down for her to lay on. Just happen to have a dedicated towel for her rub-down after a bath, so it joined us on the Withlacoochee River yesterday.

ATTACH]
View attachment 1

It's low enuf to be unobtrusive when running and the patch of shade is just the right size for my 45# dog. It's also high enuf for her to have a clear view of everything. She went back and forth some with nose going 90 mph in the breeze.

0N6796.JPG

I REALLY HATE THE PICTURE ATTACHMENT SYSTEM ON THIS FORUM. IT CONSISTENTLY REFUSES TO PUT THE 1ST PICTURE WHERE i WANT IT TO GO. I'VE SAID THIS REPEATEDLY. It took 4 tries today and had to start over once. DO SOMETHING.

In the 2nd picture, it was a lot warmer - over 90° with humidity way up there, so she pretty much parked her butt on the towel and stayed under the shade. The experiment is a complete success. When running at 20 mph, the umbrella doesn't move much at all. When I needed to go forward, it pushes out of the way enuf to get by and it's easy to retract anyway.

0N6816.JPGI think a little better detail might be good: (here we go again with inserting pictures. Try 1 was a fail)

ATTACH]

Try 2 was a fail, too. Let's try 1 more underneath:

Try 3 put the picture above the appropriate text, but I'll live with it.

The angles of the push-to-adjust locks are a bit awkward, but can be worked around. This is very much a proof of concept installation. I don't want to drill holes for a permanent mount until I'm very sure this is the best config.

0N6805.JPG

A show-off pic of the almost complete grab bar with accessories. I've got to brag a bit on that drink holder - the best I've seen: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F1N3SB7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details I was looking for the standard wire piece of junk we've all used at some point when I saw a listing for this one for just a few bucks more. WTH - I bought it. It's great. Grips solidly in any position, has "fingers" at the bottom to grip the drink securely, very well made.....and it looks good. I'm pleased.

I tried to edit your post and I think I see the issue. I need to understand how you are uploading the pictures. We will get to the bottom of this for sure.

Jim

From a laptop I’ll load up 3 or 4 and then 1 at a time I’ll use the ‘insert inline’ feature to put them where I want them in a text

[*img]Pic1of4[*/img]

Like it would place it there, right after that first paragraph or after the paragraph describing what I was talking about. Simple really …

Note in real coding, you do NOT use the ‘*’ in the image brackets, that is for a visual demonstration only.

DaleH said:
From a laptop I’ll load up 3 or 4 and then 1 at a time I’ll use the ‘insert inline’ feature to put them where I want them in a text

[*img]Pic1of4[*/img]

Like it would place it there, right after that first paragraph or after the paragraph describing what I was talking about. Simple really …

Note in real coding, you do NOT use the ‘*’ in the image brackets, that is for a visual demonstration only.

Dale, I use the "insert inline" feature, too, and it works fine for #2, 3, etc. It absolutely refuses to put the 1st picture where I've got the cursor.

I place the cursor where I want the picture to land, then click the "insert picture" icon in top row. Drag and drop the picture and start cussing.

Latest posts