Teleflex steering removal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Sicina

Reaction score
https://s846.photobucket.com/albums/ab28/raymar56/1987%20Grumman%20Challenger/?action=view&current=1987GrummanChallenger017.jpg

I would like to be able to remove my outboard motor from time to time to fish lakes not allowing gas motors, the only problem I see is disconnecting the Teleflex steering cable from the motor bracket. I thought it would be easy to remove the steering cable by disconnecting the pin at the cable end and then removing the large nuts where it goes through the motor bracket and then pull the cable through. Am I misreading how to unhook this end? When I try to remove the large nut where the cable enters the engine bracket, it spins the whole cable case. Should the nut spin freely on the stainless collar of the cable. If so that may be my problem, but I don't want to break anything trying to free the nut if it is not supposed to turn freely. Any help is appreciated, I provided a link that show a picture of the motor, although it is not specifically looking at the cable arrangement.
Ray

You need to remove the motor to fish these lakes? I know we have few lakes that don't allow gas motors, but we don't need to remove them, just keep them out of the water and not run them.