Tony's 1952 Alumacraft Model K Restore Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got to paint...holy cow this felt good.

1st coat using a HPLV gun Rusto "gun metal" grey...

Going to do a second coat then flip it over and work the inside.

0524141008.jpg

nice looking motor you have the. What size? Mine are an 18hp & a 3hp. I have them on an 84 Alumacraft14X48 mod vee jon.

Attachments

• 20121118_114717.jpg
    20121118_114717.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2,803
1955 7.5hp.

As my project states it's a 1952, 1648 semi V??

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=353454#p353454 said:
BrazosDon » 24 May 2014, 15:03[/url]"]nice looking motor you have the. What size? Mine are an 18hp & a 3hp. I have them on an 84 Alumacraft14X48 mod vee jon.

Do you usually fish from the raised deck? If so, how stable is it? I want to put a deck on mine, but when I had it next to the pier (completely empty), it seemed a little wobbley.

I have a 1955 model F, so pretty similar.

Oh its great... I feel really stable on there. Was just up there this past weekend looking for carp.
You can see it is not level with the gunwale/gunnel, it is level with the benches.

I basically ran 2x4s from the front foot step to the first bench. Built on top of that.

works great.

A bit heavy... I think total it added 80lbs..wood, sealant, carpet, brackets, screws...etc...

0607141252b.jpg

That is not OMC original color... I could not find that in a readily available store.

That is Rustoleum Safety Red.

I think it took me 1 full can. I think I got 3, maybe 4 light coats.

I tried to be really careful putting on the coats and not overdoing it so I could get it nice and smooth.

I think it turned out excellent overall. Still looks as good as it did that night.

Resurrecting an old thread here:

I have this exact same boat. I am patching up some holes right now and may have to get a large patch on the front of the boat.. but I plan on doing what you have done. If you had to do it again - would you do anything different now? Have you updated past this? Are you still active on this sight? lol...

Tony?
I must have missed this thread years ago. You did a great, thoughtful , job on the K boat. Congratulations.

NOW, let's see how it has weathered the years..:)

Be well and safe.

Latest posts