Wood Floor Diagram

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsnapper60

Reaction score
I own a sentimental 1987 Lund Tyee 4.9 and trying to find a diagram for wood replacement. Im a 60 yr old woman trying to repair it..any recomendations as I have to do cheapest possible?

In the past when my old floor came out in pieces ( no template). I would make a center line from front to back using a narrow piece of wood, heavy string anything. Then start measuring from center to the side contact point where the new floor will sit. Move ahead or back every 6" making a new measurement. Transfer those onto a big piece of cardboard and before long you will have your own template. Time consuming yes, but it will be accurate and darn near free. Good luck, that Lund will make a nice boat..

If the old floor comes out in one piece, or pieces, that can be used as a template, that is your best bet. Just lay the old floor on the new 1/2 ply and trace it out. Otherwise, making a template out of cardboard pieces like @airshot says will likely be your next easiest option.
Thanks! I was going to use paper but cardboard is better! Yaaa

In the past when my old floor came out in pieces ( no template). I would make a center line from front to back using a narrow piece of wood, heavy string anything. Then start measuring from center to the side contact point where the new floor will sit. Move ahead or back every 6" making a new measurement. Transfer those onto a big piece of cardboard and before long you will have your own template. Time consuming yes, but it will be accurate and darn near free. Good luck, that Lund will make a nice boat..
Thanks, it the project started with getting the motor fixed...lol now I realize the foam ,ay be next...ugh. Oh well should be ready by next season..in Michigan.

I used the pink foam insulation boards from Home Depot to make some templates. I found it worked better than cardboard becaue it was more rigid and not expensive.
Thank you ! This makes sense, will try it!

I just did a template for a very curvy front platform. I use Amazon and Chewy boxes and a hot glue gun.

A dollar store razor knife, heavy scissors or tin snips will help make it perfect. Lay the boxes out and glue some strips down to hold them together. Cut strips around the perimeter and hot glue them down to make a tight fit. It may look like crazy patchwork, but it will be a perfect fit when you are done

Because you are laminating layers, it will be plenty rigid, and much cheaper than foam, if you have boxes laying around.

If you can get a kid to help you, or anyone, for that matter, it should go pretty fast.

Last edited: