New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone, new to the site, old to fishing. I hope this site can help me restore a 21 foot bayrunner. It has a lot of salt water corrosion ( lots of thinning and pin holes ). I am retired and don't have a lot of money to fix it maybe correct so I am looking for options. I will use my boat just to fish the jetties and close to shore. I am a retired Navel Building Inspector, so if any of you need building advise, may be I can help you. this boat I have will be my 2021 project, so please help with advise, Thank you

Hello. I live in Tallahassee, FL. I just recently bought a SeaArk that I plan to use on the salt flats in the big bend area of Florida. An aluminum boat is needed in this area due to all the oyster bars and rocks.

Hello. New to site, live in Mooresville, NC. Typically use my tin boat around the coast in the ICW and sounds for crabbing and fishing. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully contributing.

best wishes,
Greg

Attachments

• Krusty Krab.jpg
    Krusty Krab.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 1,465
Not really new anymore,
Harris county TX
anyone have some insite to Brazoria county?
I ask a lot of questions.

not an old fart yet but I can see one coming.

Thanks for the add!! My name is Benji and I live up in Minn"E"sota dontchyaknow? :lol: Grew up my whole life fishing and hunting but ... bought my first "big" boat last year. 1988 Bass Tracker TX17 with an 80 hp Merc and a Minnkota Edge trolling motor. Couldn't pass up the deal. Just bought a Minnkota Ultrex for it along with my new Helix 7. Never having anything bigger than a 14 foot aluminum fishing boat this is becoming quite the learning experience. I spent 15 years in the military and am still in law enforcement after 23 years so fishing is my escape from all that stress. 8)

Hey guys,

New here, I'm 24 from Richmond, VA. I've been confined to bank fishing and kayaks before, but I just bought a 1999 1436 and I'm trying to learn as much as I can!

Thanks!

electronpusher96 said:
Hey guys,

New here, I'm 24 from Richmond, VA. I've been confined to bank fishing and kayaks before, but I just bought a 1999 1436 and I'm trying to learn as much as I can!

Thanks!
Welcome bud! Thanks for joining!

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, just want to introduce myself as I registered today. Two years ago I sold my 19' (fiberglass) center console and downsized to a Lund Fury 1400 w/30 hp tiller. No regrets and I use the Lund 3X more than I used the CC, at least. More time on the water makes me a happier (and more sane) individual. Added a Terrova 55 w/ SpotLock, Lowrance Hook 5, two Cannon downriggers and a few other bells and whistles. I run it three ways: as a skiff in rivers and estuaries for stripers, a trolling setup with 'riggers and leadcore for ll salmon and trout, and as a bass boat. Way more versatile than the CC and like I said, I use it way more.

Thank you for allowing me to join Tin boats, I'm a 64yr. old retired g-man. Fishing and the outdoors is my passion, I live in Wonder lake illinois people call it Wonder Tucky. All my fishing is done in Wisconsin it's only 4 minutes away, 15 to lake Geneva. I'll go to the Mississippi river and at lest once a year to the BWCA in Minnesota. My boat is a 14ft sylvan with a 20hp johnson and sits on a ShoreLand'r trailer. I'm the type of person that will make something rather than buy it because you normally can make it better. I bought the boat last year and just finished setting it up my way, it was bought in 1989 as a package deal at a boat show by the last owner. Thanks again

Hi everyone, we are Chris & Kristin. We are a retired couple in our early 60's. We have a lake home in northwestern Wisconsin. We enjoy fishing for primarily walleye and northern pike on the lakes in northern Wisconsin and Lake Superior. We bought an older Alumacraft Pro 17 last year, which my wife really likes because of the open deck layout and lots of room in it for a 17. The boat needed a lot of work when we got it, I replaced the transom and installed a CMC power tilt and trim. It has an older Chrysler Force outboard that was in bad shape. I overhauled that, bored the cylinders on the powerhead .020 over and new Wiseco pistons and rings. It now runs like a new one, I really like the older two-stroke because it can be worked on with wrenches and screwdrivers instead of a laptop. Complete new electrical system, new custom-made dash with keyless ignition, tilt and trim relays, new Garmin electronics, etc.

Still waiting for a new Tempress Navi-style seat for the rear fishing platform, but otherwise the boat is pretty much restored to new condition after a year of work on it. Back in 1984 when the boat was built, it was Alumacraft's Luxury-series, available in either tan or navy blue. The tiller model as the Backtroller, the console steer as the Pro 17.

20210418_125015.jpg

20210418_122901.jpg

20210418_122209.jpg

1984 Alumacraft.png

Howdy Folks, looking forward to being a part of the forum. Just recently got into tiny boats and love it. Thanks for having me

Hello my name is tim. I live in johnsburg il on the fox river. Just recently got a 16 ft landau. Currently in the rebuild stage. Thanks for letting me be part of the group

Hello all, long time lurker here that finally decided to join the fun. Just got my second aluminum boat for 100 bucks (yeah, it looks it too :LOL2: ) I'm told that it's a 1963 12ft. Duratech. I'm sure I will have lots of questions for ya'll but I know I'm in the the right place here. I will post some photos later on today and get your opinions, tips and tricks on how much trouble I am in! :lol: Thanks! .. Joe.

Latest posts