Garage Sale Find - table saw

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
The wife likes to rummage sale around here and today I went along. I think she hates it because I buy something at most every sale. Today one guy was selling some tools. Asked him about others and found out he had a table saw for sale for $100. Well, I've wanted one for about 6 years now and just couldn't see dropping $5-$800 on what I want. Funny I'll pay that for a bb gun, but not a tool that I could use. Turns out he had it all! A large - not cabinet size, but large (maybe 48 x 30 table top size) saw with all the goodies, good shape, no wiggle, extra 'wings' for only $100. I couldn't pass it up - he even had the owners manuals :wink:

Now I owe the wife a few projects since I blew her rummage money for the next few weeks. First is a garbage can the dog can't tip over!

poolie said:
Excellent! What brand is it? Not that it matter's for a $100 it's a steal!

It's a Sears Craftsman.

Now I get to spend the week re-arranging the shop. When I set up the shop when we moved in, I put a table as a placeholder for the table saw, but now I'm thinking of a better spot for it. Just have so much junk in there too. A 3 car garage and I can't fit a single car in it. :)

="wasilvers Just have so much junk in there too. A 3 car garage and I can't fit a single car in it. :)

Sounds like my garage! Only a two car, but between the bait stuff and the boat junk, I have a little path to manuver.

Matt

It's not bad until you have to build a rack in the garage so you can park ATVs over ATVs and still not fit a car in it. :roll:

Sussex, WI is only like 60 miles or so from where I live. Guess I know who to ask for some table saw work. Good score. If I even had a garage I'd be looking at getting one. Of course I would prolly hurt myself.

Popeye said:
Sussex, WI is only like 60 miles or so from where I live. Guess I know who to ask for some table saw work. Good score. If I even had a garage I'd be looking at getting one. Of course I would prolly hurt myself.

60 miles... hmmm - trade table saw work for fishing spots? I think we can work something out :D

Latest posts