Spring Smallie Trip With a Sweet Bonus

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go Angry, those are some chuncky SMB and your certainly right that is a sweeeeeet bonus =D>

Yessir I do love the smallies ... You wouldn't believe how many good smallies we catch on Ky lake...My best is lil over 6 from there... We catch good numbers in early spring on main lake and at night in summer on deep bluff banks and on ledges...we catch lots in the tailwaters below the dam also... Love it how they just stop a bait dead when they hit...We usually make 1 trip every year to Dale Hollow... Had an extremely good trip last yr caught most on top water in Nov. there ... Nothing like a big smallie exploding on topwater when it comes up from 40 feet of water to get it...JIGGY

I'm planning on going to Dale Hollow in April. I haven't been to KY Lake, but have thought about it. I've been down to Bull Shoals several times, but found the smallie fishing to be better in northern WI. Rainey Lake is still in the back of my mind, as well as a trip out to South Dakota to Roy Lake and the surrounding lakes. This spring I tried to save a buck, and tried some new water. There were some quality fish my 2 best were 20's but there weren't as many as where we usually go, and there were more people fishing for them. So we're going back in Sept. to spot A. I'm spoiled. :mrgreen:

Could you PM me the place you stayed at Dale Hollow, and what you thought of it. We're still in the process of picking a place.

Latest posts