Do you have any lucky clothes or rituals

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
So do you have a lucky piece of clothing or a ritual you go thru before fishing or hunting?

Since my team won the basketball championship my junior year, I've had some piece of lucky clothing or ritual. For volleyball games I must eat at Qdoba 24 hours before the game starts. I credit playing in (and winning most of) the championship games for every league we played in the last 3 years with perpetuating this ritual. For vball tournaments, we've finished 1st or 2nd in most of the tourneys we've entered, so I keep Qdoba in business. Also I try to eat at iron skillet on the way to hunting camp. They have an awesome chicken fried steak and eggs breakfast with biscuits and cream gravy. Yeah, I get smoky smelling, but dang the food is good and everyone knows grease is a great cover scent :mrgreen:

For lucky clothes, it has been my hat. A few years back a guy at hunting camp gave each of us camo hats with his companies name on them. I put it on and killed the biggest buck of my life so far. The hat has been present on each of the hunting and fishing trips since then. Before we leave the house the kids ask me if I have my lucky hat! I think it gives them confidence that we WILL catch fish. Lately though, the lucky hat hasn't been so lucky. I didn't get a shot at the biggest deer of my life last year though he was within 30 yards of me, didn't get a turkey this spring, and the other guy in the boat caught the largest fish most times out. :oops: I should interject here that last year I went bowhunting and couldn't find my hat before the trip. When I got to camp, it was there on the shelf - I thought I had left it there from the trip a week before. Well, while cleaning house today, I put my lucky hat away, then I found it out again. Blaming a kid, I went to put it away again and low and behold, I have two hats exactly the same!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I don't know which is which. One is a lucky hat, and one is an imposter :?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Now a few fishing trips are in order to see which one really is the lucky hat and which one is going to be given to the other fisherman in the boat!

:D

I have a pair of red Nike Shorts. These things are so comfortable. They are turning pink from having them so long, my wife makes fun of me. I always do better fishing/sports when I wear them. I have had them since 1997 :LOL2:

I generally wear the same old orange Clemson hat... but aslong as I have something with Clemson on it, I'm fine... also seems that anytime I'm catching big fish I've got a Wired2Fish logo on me somewhere too..

Grandma always said," change your under shorts before you leave the house, because you don't wanna get caught wearing a dirty pair."So that's my ritual. :LMFAO:

I do my bestest wearing this shirt:
Fishin__at_BPS001_%28600_x_450%29~0.jpg

Used to wear these but they got too many holes in them so they got "retired"
IMG_1367_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

IMG_1366_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

Wife has a favorite hat for deer hunting too:
deer_hat.jpg

I have an old texas hat that i have to wear. if i swap it for another the day never seems to go right

putting in a big fat lucky dip of skoal always brings the biggins in too. more on the boat than in the stand

Latest posts