What branch of the Military did you serve in?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What branch of the Military did you serve in?

• Army

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Navy

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Air Force

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Marine Corps

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Coast Guard

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Popeye

Reaction score
Just curious how many veterans (and active duty) guys we have here. You can vote for 2 branches because I know some people saw the light and crossed over from one branch to another.

I guess I should tell about mine huh?

US Navy from 1986 - 2006
Retired as EM1
4 Ships: USS Canisteo (AO-99) USS Scout (MCM-8), USS Devastator (MCM-6) and USS Blackhawk (MHC-58)
2 tours at SIMA NRMF Ingleside, TX (Navy depot level repair facility)
Final 4 year tour was as an RDC (Drill Instructor) at Greal Lakes Recruit Training Command

my brother was in the army, korea for a few years, went to fort sill oklahoma, and got out last year. does that count?? lol :mrgreen:

i wish i had went in for the free schooling

Regular Army, 1966-1969, last year in Vietnam - Tet offesive through Tet offensive..... Before that, one year on Staten Island, NY and one year in Germany. Volunteered for Vietnam. I was 17 years old when I enlisted and 20 when I got out...

U S Navy here, 1984 to 2008. 4 ships, 6 deployments and 4 tours in the Gulf.

Crossed the line of Death in Lybia, Mogadishu, Desert storm, Desert Shield, OEF and OIF

Washington National Guard, 1955, Field artillery, Reg ARMY, Combat MP, Korea 59-60 (when they weren't supposed to be shooting at us) and left in 61.
My departure was mutually pleasing. I didn't look back.

US Navy 1987-1991 Stationed in Japan aboard the USS Midway. I also spent a few year in the Reserves in Willow Groove, PA.

Air National Guard - 1999 present...

99-05 - ParaRescue
05-08 - Satellite Communications (SATCOM)
08-09 - Air Traffic Control Radio Maintenance
09-Present - Back with SATCOM, but doing a special mission called Eagle Vision (photography with satellites) - basically a glorified Google Earth

and if you can name a country where we've been (and where we haven't been..), I've probably been there, done that and got the Tshirt

bcritch said:
US Navy 1987-1991 Stationed in Japan aboard the USS Midway. I also spent a few year in the Reserves in Willow Groove, PA.

Hmmm, USS Midway & Willow Grove..............................you wouldn't be an Airedale would you!? 8) . Just messin' with you. :wink:

My nephew is now aboard the Carl Vinson as a brand new (just frocked) 3rd Class air traffic controller. He's not real happy right now though, as he's doing his turn mess crankin' (night shift) in the galley.

bcritch said:

Last time I saw the Midway, she was a museum on the water front down in SanDiego. All I did was Bird farms.

Enterprise (85-86)
Carl Vinson (87-88)
Abraham Lincoln (89-95)
Harry S Truman (98-02)
Enterprise (05-08) You know the old sayn, "Dont go back to a ship you have already been too." Well its true... Also, Never report to a ship with the Gold anchor....

Waterwings said:
bcritch said:

Hmmm, USS Midway & Willow Grove..............................you wouldn't be an Airedale would you!? 8) . Just messin' with you. :wink:

My nephew is now aboard the Carl Vinson as a brand new (just frocked) 3rd Class air traffic controller. He's not real happy right now though, as he's doing his turn mess crankin' (night shift) in the galley.

Absolutely :lol: AT3 when I got out....

river_wolf said:
bcritch said:

Last time I saw the Midway, she was a museum on the water front down in SanDiego. All I did was Bird farms.

Enterprise (85-86)
Carl Vinson (87-88)
Abraham Lincoln (89-95)
Harry S Truman (98-02)
Enterprise (05-08) You know the old sayn, "Dont go back to a ship you have already been too." Well its true... Also, Never report to a ship with the Gold anchor....

Nice varity there....

Yes, the Midway is in San Diego as a museum. I'd like to get out there some time for a visit.

US Army 1986-2006 11b
Fort Carson Co.
Camp Kasey Korea
Fort Riley Ks.
Camp Kasey Korea
Fort Benning Ga
Iraq
Fort Benning Ga
Iraq
Fort Riley Ks

Coast Guard 1995 to Present

2 Small boat stations mostly search and rescue and a little law enforcement
210' cutter out of St. Petersburg FL. durg enforcement, migrant interdiction and some fishery patrols. Saw most of the caribbean.
currently stationed in Greenville MS on a bouy tender marking the channel in the Mississippi river.

E-5 mos Mechanic

Latest posts