Twin Trolling Motors Controlled By A Wheel Chair Joy Stick.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are those battery boxes in the front of the boat? Maybe it's the photo, but they look kinda big to me, which means quite a bit of weight.
headscratch_shrug_smilie.gif

Haven't given it a lot of thought but if I were to design this unit I would have used two independent systems. Meaning two wheelchair controllers. That way you get the same control as a tank or professional grade mower. Push one stick forward and pull one back and you spin in place as one motor would be trying to go forward while the other was trying to go reverse. Also if something broke you still have a redundant system. Could be really neat! Are the controllers really expensive.

I dunno about the controllers.This is a build I found on the world wide waste(WWW).I think he got it from ebay.He has a build thread on Iboats.

Here is an other on this idea of twin trolling motors. This can be done manully also, by using a system of sprockets, chain, pvc pipe, sockets, and socket extentions. I am running twin 50# thrust trolling motors on an eight boat. I get maxium thrust and speed with no noise or gasoline. It was really easy to make once I set my mind to it, and it works great. It works a lot like your electric device, but does not add any more drain on the batteries. For people using small boats it just makes it more fun and can be done at very low cost.
[email protected]

Latest posts