Crystal River, FL or Homosassa,FL

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Specknreds

Reaction score
Anyone from Crystal River, FL or Homosassa,FL or near there? I have rented a house on the Homosassa Springs River for a week at the end of September. I plan on spending a week flats fishing and would love to have a few questions answered. My dad and I have been there several times 15 + years ago. I know that it's not the best time of year, but my goal is a Tarpon and a Snook on a flyrod.

Anyone???????? I see several people on hear from FL. I'm leaving the 24th.

I have several ?'s if any of you fly guys care to weigh in. I have a 10wt with 300 yards of backing. What is the likelyhood of landing a Tarpon with this. I caught a 29lbs redfish on it and he managed to get into the backing a little. I have a fast TM to chase them down. Also, what flies do you recommend for snook and redfish.

Thanks Doc. I haven't read one of the ones you recommended. I've researched the area for the last month and there are a few good articles but I'm not finding much useful info.

Sorry I have never fished in that part of the state and I dont do much salt water fishing so I would be of little help. If you ever want to fish the east side of the state,look me up.

Thanks and the same goes to you if you are ever over here.

This is ridiculous!! I'm trying to pack and I'm running out of room. All I have is a short bed Tundra and the boat to load stuff in.

2 - freshwater tackle boxes which I haven't touched in 2 years. I had about 30 spinner baits that were ruined.
2 - saltwater boxes one for inshore and one for offshore
2 - Fly rods with tackle
4 - baitcasters fresh or salt
1 - spinning rodnreel
2 - offshore reels
2 - crab nets for the wife
2 - ice chest
1 - large rubbermaid container full of cooking supplies and food.
2 - gas cans so I don't need to take the boat out of the water for fuel
2 - suit cases Go figure, my wife is only bringing one suit case and all the rest of this stuff is mine :shock:
Boat - paddle, 2 batteries, net, 2 anchors, battery charger, extension cord, water hose to flush motor, tools (just in case), safety gear, etc.

All most forgot to leave enough room for the wife and dog. She made me buy him a life jacket. :roll:

I tried to condense some stuff but I'm trying to convinse my wife that you really do need 30 different colored worm, crankbaits, and etc.

Have a great trip. Looking forward to hearing if you get into any tarpon. I WILL take a trip and fish for those one day!

Latest posts