newbie checking in

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texxfletch

Reaction score
newbie here from San Antonio.

Been looking at the site for some time and finally joined.
I have my grandfathers 1965(?) semi v Elgin tin.
I got tired of rowing it around for the last 20 yrs and finally took one of his out boards out of the shed and got her running. The outboard is a 1947 wizard 6.5 hp. So now that I have some thing to push me around a little better, I plan on getting her/me out on the water more often.
This sight has been some inspiration for me and hope to be here a while.

here some pics/vids(pour quality) of the tin enjoy.

08-21-09_1917.jpg

08-21-09_1921.jpg

Captain Ahab said:
Looking fine

Thanks for the intro

Where do you run the boat?

that was on a nearby lake that is a cooling lake for one of the city's power plants.

I used to only use the boat in large stock tanks and some small rivers ,throughout high school and college. Lakes were a little out of my reach with no outboard. So I just fished from shore.

(I don't know if y'all have noticed this or not, but when you fish from shore you cast as far to the center as you can, then when you are on a boat you cast as close to shore as you can, no happy middle; must be human nature).

I have a bow deck (now removable) that I removed so we could sit more people. I also made a bimini top out of canvas for it. not the prettiest one out there, but it gets the job done. And the boat can get me in some great areas to fish, or just relax.

Jim said:
:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining!

Look at that motor! :beer:

The motor went from sitting for @ 25 yrs to running. That vid was the first non barrel run for it since I tore it apart and put it back in running condition. I was smiling ear to ear the entire time.

thanks for the welcomes.

Latest posts