I didn't get one bite...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
A last minute decision Friday evening and we headed to Louisville Saturday morning to spend the weekend at my brother-in-laws (the one with the nice private pond). No rain Saturday, and we did a bit of fishing in my BIL's pond late in the day, but no bites. Yesterday morning we had lines in the water early while there ws a slight rain shower for about 15 minutes. Myself and my BIL did not get one bite, but my wife caught 7 bass! They ranged from around 8" up to a 14" one. Due to the rain, I didn't have my phone or camera on me for pic taking, but needless to say she was very happy, and had no intention of giving up her particular spot on the bank, lol. We took the youngest grandson with us and he got to help reel-in two of the bass my wife caught. He was pretty excited about that, as he's only 2.5 yrs old. On the way there Friday, the grandson would holler at passing cars (althjough they couldn't hear him, lol), saying "We're goin' fishin'!". :)

Now that is so cool....kudos to the wife too for standing her ground and not giving up her spot :D ... Ya got to love it when ya take the lil ones fishing lil tyke probably hooked for life now...JIGGY

jigster60 said:
Now that is so cool....kudos to the wife too for standing her ground and not giving up her spot :D ... Ya got to love it when ya take the lil ones fishing lil tyke probably hooked for life now...JIGGY

Thanks. She did well and caught everyone of 'em on Red Shad Tiki Sticks, t-rigged on a Gammy 3/0 wide gap hook, with an 1/8oz bullet weight. She caught the first four bass on the same worm, until it was finally wore out and no longer useable. The grandson had a blast this weekend, and I pretty much suspect he'll be my little fishing buddy. 8)

Great report! Glad you got the little one out and he had a great time! You'll really enjoy it when he can start fishing with you on a regular basis!

Latest posts