Touch of winter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
Finally some snow to add to the cold temps. I expected a little more, but we only recieved a dusting. I can't wait for the heavy stuff.

How much snow did everyone get?

Stony creek, Pa (local trout creek)
Picture1018.jpg

Here's a couple pics I took this morning of my patio and outside in the front. I'm not gonna go out until '08

Attachments

• snow 1.jpg
    snow 1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 976
  • snow 2.jpg
    snow 2.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 976
  • snow 3.jpg
    snow 3.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 976
  • snow 4.jpg
    snow 4.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 976
  • snow 5.jpg
    snow 5.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 976
Great photos guys, BTW - that pic makes the Stony look huge, most spots you can step across without getting your feet wet. :lol:

You guys keep the snow up there! :)

If we get an inch of snow here and it sticks the schools close, due to all of the county roads the buses can't travel. A couple of years ago we had to make up 14 days of school, which cut into my summer fishing time.

8" of white stuff here in central MN. That'll ruin the 4" of ice we had on the lakes! Highs in the teens if we're lucky. -6° this morning as I headed out of the house.

I can't wait to get our first snow this year, it's always a hilarious situation. Everyone gets into a mad panic and runs out to buy milk and bread. Then they all go 15mph on the way home and still manage to drive into the median. Schools close before the first flake ever falls. Then when most of the 2" of snow melts the next day people still call in to work and say they can't get out of the driveway!

I love winter!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337805#p337805 said:
Captain Ahab » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:40 am[/url]"]Snow day today! :mrgreen:

You're welcome that we didn't hog all the snow to ourselves here. You can have the bitter cold when we're done with it too.

Since New years day we have gotten 16/17 inches of very powdery snow. Sunday night starts a sub-zero cold snap with highs of -11.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337998#p337998 said:
lckstckn2smknbrls » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:22 am[/url]"]Since New years day we have gotten 16/17 inches of very powdery snow. Sunday night starts a sub-zero cold snap with highs of -11.

Weather.com site says a high of -12 Monday with wind chill at -47 up here in North Chicago. I still have to go to work Monday morning too.

I grew up in Pa. along the Delaware. I still remember what it was like. Feel bad for you guys. This is the white stuff I've delt with for the last 40 years. Oh, it's terrible :D snowing!.gif
Big brother, visiting from Pa., doesn't look amused, does he!

Latest posts