New Toys

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
Today happens to be my 1 year wedding anniversary, and the wife hooked it up. I finally got to play with my 2 new carp rods, and reels. Next year I will be fishing alot more of local lakes for carp, and I had to upgrade to some bigger equipment. I got a 2, 3500 series Daiwa regal bri baitrunning reels, and 2, carp rider 12' carp rods(euro style). I cant wait to whip a 2 ounce weight of lead halfway across the lake with those sticks.

Picture1019.jpg

I have a 10' surf rod and can't imagine catapulting baits much further than that :shock: . Of course I do use 4-6 oz weights on those rods.

Very nice. Congrats on your first year. I have been watching a lot of carp videos on youtube and they all have those sweet setups. You will need those crazy rod alarms too, remember Galena has some monster carp :)

Very nice carp setups..Im expecting to see some pigs next year. We have a local guy Up here named Scott. He goes by the name Big Carphuna. He holds a few records, Im trying to get out with him to show me the ropes. I just might need to score a setup like that. :D

Congratz on your anniversary, i saw a couple years ago people(on t.v.) sling shotting corn into the water than come back the next day and just hammer the carp. is that what you do. or just make up some cornmeal and use that?

congrats those are really nice hope they do you well

I know what everybody is thinking. 12ft monster surf poles. But these 2 poles are the exact opposite. Although they are 12ft, they can only handle about 2oz of weight. I think the main purpose of the length is for casting. They are both very lightweight. The best description would be to say they are like heavier longer noodle rods.

We use to fish for carp right after a rain, nice muddy, fast running water. deep sea poles(boat poles), heavy weights, we would throw out get the line tight, pull a little slack in the line(by the reel) put a beer tab on the slack line and wait and watch. the tab would start quivering and when the line went taunt youd set the hook. We would get my aunt to make the cornmeal, seems like it stayed one hook forever.

Thanks guys.

I always here something about cornmeal for carp, but I never used it myself. Corn was always my bait of choice.

Latest posts