Improving TinBoats part 2

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Please take a look at this link (really just the very first post). Are there any topics or threads that you feel would be valuable if we added them to it?

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3156

Just a small step in the right direction I think.

Great start

Maybe we need to do a complete, searchable index? That way if someone wants to know about, say, riveting a floor, they could look at everything about that subject

How about a notification of a PM? Perhaps have it blink or something. I have received two PM's that I didn't even know I had gotten. Just another idea.

huntinfool said:
How about a notification of a PM? Perhaps have it blink or something. I have received two PM's that I didn't even know I had gotten. Just another idea.

Go to the User Control Panel

Click on Board Preferences

Change the Notify me of PM to YES!~
Change the Pop up on PM to YES!~

Let me know if you have any difficulties

David

They are already marked yes on mine. I did finally get an email, but no pop up window to remind me "hey stupid you got a message"

huntinfool said:
They are already marked yes on mine. I did finally get an email, but no pop up window to remind me "hey stupid you got a message"

Then your browser is blocking popups. What browser are you using? IE? Firefox?

IE.

Trust me I am in no way implying that I am computer literate. I can work circles around most guys, but some things on a computer are just confusing to me.

huntinfool said:
IE.

Trust me I am in no way implying that I am computer literate. I can work circles around most guys, but some things on a computer are just confusing to me.

Not a problem at all man! Just strive for satisfaction that's all. What version of IE?

:LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: =D> =D> =D> =D>

What?

I think it is IE 7, but I'm not really sure. I know where the power button is...is that good?

Ok IE7,
No problem!

Up at the top of IE under Tools go to Internet options.
When that window opens up, click on the privacy tab. A little more than half way down you will see Pop-up Blocker. Click on the Settings button on the right. Under exceptions type www.TinBoats.net and then click Add.

Hit close and you should be good. Let me know and I will send you a PM.

I must not have IE7.

When I go to tools and selected Internet options and clicked the privacy tab, I only had two choices. an advanced setting and below that pop up blocker, which was not selected (turned on). So I selected it (turned it on) and then went to settings and added www.tinboats.net

Now do i need to turn it off again or should I leave it on? This computer is older and we are on dial up, so most everything we do is very slow.

huntinfool said:
I must not have IE7.

When I go to tools and selected Internet options and clicked the privacy tab, I only had two choices. an advanced setting and below that pop up blocker, which was not selected (turned on). So I selected it (turned it on) and then went to settings and added https://www.tinboats.net

Now do i need to turn it off again or should I leave it on? This computer is older and we are on dial up, so most everything we do is very slow.

If it was not turned on then it is not the Browser blocking them. Maybe you have virus protection or some firewall installed blocking them. :-k

Very possible. It was a used computer that we bought, and it is better than what we had. I'll live with it.

huntinfool said:
I'm trying to downloiad the drop box now and i'm at a wopping 6% with 3 hours and 47 minutes left :D

no need to download it because of your slow line. PM me your email and what manual(s) you want and I i will invite you for a direct link.

What about a list of services/job provided by members? For example.

Joe X - attorney in Texlahoma - specializing in real estate transactions - email [email protected] (not a real email address)

That way when you need an insurance guy, paper supplier, banker or whatever, you can just look at the thread to see if anyone here can help.

I feel better paying someone who fishes/boats than someone I know nothing about - heck they might be supporting anti-fishing/hunting etc... or even OBAMA! #-o :LOL2:

Something to consider - eliminate some "sub-categories" In Boat Mods - the sub-category Jon & V boat conversion is as large as the main topic - give it it's own category instead of a "sub". Same goes for Boat Talk - "trailers" - give it it's own category.

In other cases, there isn't enough interests or posts to maintain a sub category of "jet motors" or "bowfishing" - just let them be a part of the main topic?? or, give them their own heading.

Example: When I see a new post in "motors" and click on it, I'm not interested in "Jet motors" - so, I then have to go into the jet motors thread so it doesn't show up again as a new post in Motors. so, make it it's own category and I don't have to waste my time opening it???? or, eliminate the sub category and let it just be a part of the main "Motors" topic.....

Just a suggestion .........

Latest posts