mapper

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so maybe i'm not getting something here, but what's the difference between this and normal google maps or google earth? I see it gives you straight line distance to the nearest towns, but that's the only extra thing.

I suppose the fact that it actually uses the whole screen is kind of nice, though.

stinkynathan said:
so maybe i'm not getting something here, but what's the difference between this and normal google maps or google earth? I see it gives you straight line distance to the nearest towns, but that's the only extra thing.

I suppose the fact that it actually uses the whole screen is kind of nice, though.

Thanks Jim!!

I find it REALLY nice that you can go from terrain, topo, and satellite views with the crosshairs on a specific spot and it gives coords. I'll be using it to find the funnels, saddles and benches then marking them on my GPS for hunting season. :D I checked it with coords that I already have in my GPS, and it's VERY accurate.

This is one area that I hunt, it's so steep that deers legs are shorter on one side, so it's pretty useful for me...
https://mapper.acme.com/?ll=37.37752,-80.73561&z=13&t=R

Andy said:
I find it REALLY nice that you can go from terrain, topo, and satellite views with the crosshairs on a specific spot and it gives coords.

Exactly what I was thinking! I just got a 5 year permit to hunt some special land in MA, and they sent me a map. This is going to cut down my "scouting" time.

Half the battle up here is finding a place to park your vehicle and making sure your hunting legit areas.

I sent the link to a buddy of mine on assignment in Korea for Lockheed Martin. He's working on a contract for the Navy and should find this very useful on land as well as out at sea when testing the equipment he is setting up. The coordinates and crosshairs set it apart from other software of this type. Camera work also seems to be of a higher resolution.

u can link things to everyone as well, not sure if anyone clicked the link i put in but, you can do alot of neat things with this program :)

Latest posts